• April 24, 2024, 04:41:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L Problem: won't start HDD's, only power led blinking  (Read 2513 times)

deivist

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320L Problem: won't start HDD's, only power led blinking
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »

Good day,
have problem with my naps 320L :

When I try to switch ON, then always only power left led is blinking, but no both HDD's led on, and hdd's won't turn on.
Tried to reser, pull out one or two hdd's, lan cable on and off and so on - no way...

Maybe someone can help me. This problem was about half year, but after 10-15 times to trying switch on and off, hdd's turn on, but now tried about 60 times, no progress...

Thank you.

David

alsanity

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L Problem: won't start HDD's, only power led blinking
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

David,
I am having the same problem - I did install a new firmware recently(1.03 ver. date 7/21/14) -
 I unplugged -plugged in - turned the unit on and off a bunch of times and then the drives started so I left it on (I was regularly turning off the unit every night with the on/off feature on the unit)
 My questions are: 1. is it the most recent firmware, and will the firmware cause this?      2. can I buy a new unit (same kind) and remove the two drives from the old unit and put them into the new unit without having to format them and lose all my data?
 Please I need to know if I can do this - I don't want to lose all my pix/songs/data on the drives.
Thanks,
Alan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:50:25 AM by alsanity »