• April 23, 2024, 07:36:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink DGL-4500 fw: 1.22NA and linksys WRT54GS fw: dd-wrt v24-sp2 ?  (Read 4441 times)

Four2zero

• Level 2 Member

hello everyone happy friday to you all. I have two wireless routers a dgl-4500 and a linksys wrt54gs v1.1 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/02/09) std, with 6 computers three wireless computers and 3 desktops. I would like to add the wrt54gs as a Repeater since the Dlink 4500 is in the master bedroom and would like to expand the wireless range. Since the dlink-4500 wifi signal is weak comming from the master bedroom, hence the reason of using my old router for wifi expansion by placing it in the living room wirelessly. Can this be done ?

Trikein

Re: Dlink DGL-4500 fw: 1.22NA and linksys WRT54GS fw: dd-wrt v24-sp2 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:44:47 PM »

A repeater or a bridge? As in would there be a ethernet wire between the two? If not, I don't think so. Cant say yes for sure because I have never tried, and not sure of the abilities of the DD-WRT firmware (played with it a bit, but more familar with Tomato). But since all of the changes would take place there, its probably a question best for their forums. Good luck.

Bridge Mode vs Relay vs Acess Point (AP) / Routers vs Dedicated Access Points (AP)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:50:23 AM by FurryNutz »

Four2zero

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »

A repeater or a bridge? As in would there be a ethernet wire between the two? If not, I don't think so. Cant say yes for sure because I have never tried, and not sure of the abilities of the DD-WRT firmware (played with it a bit, but more familar with Tomato). But since all of the changes would take place there, its probably a question best for their forums. Good luck.

Yeah, it can be done with DD-WRT just by configuring the Wireless Settings and changing the Secondary Router Ip address. I have gotten it to work back in 2008 however, technology has changed a bit so, but i currently have Tomato installed. And this will be used as a bridge wirelessly without the Ethernet cable being connected to it, so i can extend the Wifi.

Trikein

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »

Hmm, ok, guess it is possible. Just never done it before. Learn something new every day. :-)

But as said before, it has nothing to do really with the DGL, its what you have to do with the WRT since thats the one your setting as the repeater. Maybe this will help.