• April 19, 2024, 08:36:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: vpn reconnect after power failure  (Read 5150 times)

hilkiah

vpn reconnect after power failure
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

Hi all,

I have 2 DIR-330s connected via PPPOE each with a public static ip.  There is an IPSEC vpn tunnel between the two and once up it works well ... except after a power failure or say my adsl modem loses sync and syncs up again.  During these times, my VPN tunnel does not come up automatically.  To bring it up, I have to disable the vpn tunnels on each unit and change the password (say add another character) on both and then reenable them.  My VPN config uses the default values (as recommended on the  Dell support page).  Is this normal?  Am I doing something wrong?

Luckily I am available to perform this task, but the requirement to do so leaves me at odds about recommending this unit as an enterprise vpn solution.

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Hilkiah

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: vpn reconnect after power failure
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:15 AM »

That should not be the case, the VPN should be dropped when the remote peer drops offline and should be requested again every time VPN bound traffic is sent from either side.

Unfortunately I have to ask that you call in at 1 877 354 6555 so that we can either get you patched up or get more specifics so we can diagnose a bug if one exists.
non progredi est regredi