• April 24, 2024, 03:22:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BitTorrent on the DNS-323  (Read 8613 times)

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
BitTorrent on the DNS-323
« on: January 16, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »

With one of our latest press releases located at, http://www.dlink.com/press/pr/?prid=378, D-Link is working to integrate BitTorrent into our Network Storage products.

What features do you most utilize when downloading torrent files? (i.e being able to control the download and upload speeds, max torrents, seeding etc.)

Please list the features that you use when torrenting as well as features that you would like to see configurable from the Network Storage user interface?

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
Re: BitTorrent on the DNS-323
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

auto folder creation .. eg, lable a torrent as a .. movie / application and move those folder once completed to relevant pre-defined folders

auto rss based on filters defined by users? and download based on filter criteria by interogating websites defined by users

submit torrents that someone has passed onto a user (eg, actual .torrent file).. and of course putting a link to a torrent file located on a website

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »

• Limit of band to upload and download.
  • Time elapsed
  • duration
  • List of uploaders
  • List of source
  • Option to deny access specific uploader
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:01:53 AM by gugaucb »

kqmaverick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

An auto parsing folder for torrents (ie. i download a few torrent files and all i need to do is throw them on a special folder on the DNS-323 and it automatically checks this folder x minutes and launches the torrents it find then deletes the .torrent files)

helmuthead

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »

• Full stream encryption
  • Blocklist (.dat, .gz, .zip) integration

flibottf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »

An auto parsing folder for torrents (ie. i download a few torrent files and all i need to do is throw them on a special folder on the DNS-323 and it automatically checks this folder x minutes and launches the torrents it find then deletes the .torrent files)

I think this is the best idea, or anything that simple to add torrents.