• April 19, 2024, 03:06:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DGL-4500 Firmware 1.10  (Read 15442 times)

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
DGL-4500 Firmware 1.10
« on: July 19, 2008, 06:15:03 AM »

First saw this yesturday on the ftp site

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dgl4500/firmware/dgl4500_firmware_110.bin

I have no idea what Bug fixes there are in this release or even if this one is Beta or Not. But I have already installed this one on my system.

How about it Lycan,
    You gonna give us the details on this firmware?
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

rjsgjk

• Level 1 Member
Re: DGL-4500 Firmware 1.10
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

I would avoid updating to this firmware right now.  It changes the MAC address of my router to 00:03:64:00:01:23 for my WAN and LAN MAC Address is now 00:03:64:00:01:24.  I did go in and change my WAN MAC address to be the one it was supposed to be, but I don't think the firmware should be changing your MAC address.  I contancted support on the issue and am waiting for a response back.  You also cannot downgrade to earlier version of the firmware you get incompatiable version when you try to. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:22:27 AM by rjsgjk »

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

My Mac ID stayed the same as it was prior to the Upgrade to the New firmware.

But then again, I suppose that it helps that I Backed Up the Configuration of my Router prior to performing the upgrade, then restored the configuration after the upgrade.

To do this, you would navigate to Tools > System after you log into your router.
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

rjsgjk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »

I did have my configuration backed up and then restored my settings once the firmware was updated.  I always backup my configuration before I apply any firmware updates.  It took me a bit to figure out how come after the update why I couldn't get on the internet until I figured out the update had changed the MAC address of the router and the new MAC address isn't what is on the label under the router.  There are a few people on Dslreports.com that have experienced the same issue I did.  Glad yours updated without a problem!

Also just to make it a little clearer the WAN MAC address that changed was the one that D-Link assigned to the router from the factory.    I don't have to clone the MAC address of my computer for my cable modem connection to work that is why even restoring my configuration file didn't fix it since I had never changed the MAC address.  Just my cable modem had learned the MAC address of the router and I couldn't connect to the internet until I either reset the cable modem so it would learned the new MAC address or I needed to change the MAC address back to what it should have been.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:35:19 AM by rjsgjk »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »

I'll check out the MAC address thing.
As far is the firmware goes, the only real change is the correction of some UI errors (e.g not being able to delete a MAC filter rule once it was created) and things like that.
Besides that there was a SDK wide update for the base platform itself. Should run more stable and respond faster.
Other then that guys, you probably know more about it then I do right now, but you can count on me testing it asap.
If there are any issues post them and I'll look in to them asap.

roy_e_brisby

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »

Just some quick impressions :

MY LCD seems to have stopped working when I loaded this firmware.   There's a horizontal scan line that runs down the screen if I hit one of the buttons, but nothing comes up.  (this one doesn't really bother me that much since I rarely ever look at the LCD).  [edit] This one might be related to a blunder I made when I updated the firmware, but I won't be able to tell until I either downgrade or upgrade the firmware again

When I loaded my saved settings, the router stopped responding.   A panic press of the reset button brought everything back up though.   Once it came up I just logged in the router + redid most of the settings manually again.

Gamefuel seems to work a lot better, least I was able to run a Metal Gear Online update on the PS3 (which uses Bittorrent) and latency didn't spike as badly on my PC.  On the old firmware this particular test would choke the DSL connection badly.  I'm assuming either something was fixed or I previously broke something badly fiddling with the gamefuel settings.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:49:59 PM by roy_e_brisby »

kcsupratt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »

I am still getting with any firmware constant disconnects. I have restated the router numerous times. Sometimes the router is connected to the cable modem and it is still off line.
It would take a few attempts just to get the router to be online.

Schwartz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

For some reason after applying this update tonight I started getting 20 to 30% packet loss to the net. I checked and there was 0% loss from the PC to router. I have a SurfBoard 5120 cable modem. I pulled the router out and hooked the modem directly to my PC and do not have the packet loss to the net anymore. I'll have to hook the router back up later and see if anything changes.

Schwartz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »

I tried hooking the router back up and still got the packet loss. I tried revering to the older firmware but it won't let me. I keep getting this messege...

"Upload Failed

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the device may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed. "

I tried the last beta and the latest official and both do the same thing. How do I go back? Can I go back?

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »

I updated to FW 1.10 and also experieinced my Mac address' for the Lan and Wan changed. I also noted that the MAc Address Filtering does not work anymore..

Prior to the upgrade I backed up my config and tried to restore after the FW update was complete. It gave me an error that the file was not a config file and or was corrupted.

Doe anyone know how to fix any of these issues?

I think the Mac address change and the MAc address filtering are LARGE issues.....

Lycan please help us and advise...

Schwartz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »

I've now tried disabling wireless, gamefuel, all the firewall settings I can, and manually setting the interface to 10 and 100 full and still get about 20% packet loss to the net even when using the router's built in ping tool. I tried holding the reset button down for 30 seconds. The router still also won't let me upload a different firmware. I hook my old router back up and everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? If I don't hear anything soon I guess I will have to call support.

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:43:10 AM »

Since I have applied this FW 1.10 my VoIP adapter does not work. It worked fine prior to the FW change. Now I have absolutely no audio in or out..

Lycan, Do you guys know when and how this will be fixed?

Routers nowadays are integral parts of peoples homes and I know for me I can not afford this down time...

Schwartz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »

I called support and the fix for me seems to be a new router.

I explained to the level 1 and level 2 techs what was happening and where I got the firmware. They had me try doing a reset by holding the reset button while the router was unplugged and then plugging it in while holding the reset button in for another 20 seconds. The level 2 tech said I would have to RMA the router.

I probably wouldn't have loaded the new firmware had the router not prompted me to do so. Perhaps in the future beta firmwares shouldn't prompt you to load other beta firmwares and just prompt when there is a new official release.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:41 AM »

Beta firmwares are not seen by the routers. If the router is telling you to update then that is a official release

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

New Beta code will fix WAN MAC problem created by 1.10 firmware. No need to throw away unit.
Meanest person you know
Pages: [1] 2