• March 28, 2024, 04:25:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless Client Mode  (Read 6417 times)

a_user

• Level 1 Member
Wireless Client Mode
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »

Has anyone ever gotten one of these to work as a client? Neither I nor the IT staff at a federal research facility has been able to get my 1360 to configure as a client. Everything seems to go correctly throughout the configuration setup until you get to Step 6. The 1360 fails to provide a connection to the connected device - which is my Internet enabled TV. No one, and I include certified networking engineers, has been able to get the 1360 to work as a client. I'm using XP, but its been tried on W7 as well.

FreeJAC

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Client Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »

i am wondering the same thing, the screens dont make sense and there is no ip settings on the wireless side. I had a d-link pocket router and was able to make that guy worked and the screens made sense but on this guy they just dont. very confused.

example of confusion if you go to status it shows the ssid, channel and security, but there is no ip information. wireless setup screen shows wireless security mode. last time i look a wireless client does not have the choice of security mode that is determined by the access point that the client connects to.

FreeJAC

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Client Mode
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »

actually i just figured it out.

use the static ip, configure the access point to connect to the wireless. After that set it to use DHCP it will disconnect you but that is fine now go set your wired NIC to DHCP and the ap will pass your
DHCP request to the router on your network and you are good to go! wired connection is now working as a wireless. :D