• March 28, 2024, 09:19:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to copy Videofiles from SD to PC  (Read 9743 times)

se22946

• Level 1 Member
How to copy Videofiles from SD to PC
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »

Hello,

my second question for help today.

I record videos after motion detection on the cameras sd-card. Is there a way to copy all the files from sd-card to the pc? I wasn't able to copy them with the web-interface. I don't just want to delete the videos from time to time. I also want to archive them local.

I would be happy about some help.

Regards, Harry

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: How to copy Videofiles from SD to PC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »

Hello,

my second question for help today.

I record videos after motion detection on the cameras sd-card. Is there a way to copy all the files from sd-card to the pc? I wasn't able to copy them with the web-interface. I don't just want to delete the videos from time to time. I also want to archive them local.

I would be happy about some help.

Regards, Harry

Stop the recording, remove the card, copy to pc, reinsert the card, and restart recording.

se22946

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 02:14:16 AM »

Thanks for your answer. I need an easrier way because the cam is on a place on the carport. Not easy to access. Maybe it will be possible to access the files on the cam with ftp or webdav in future...

Regards, Harry

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

Thanks for your answer. I need an easrier way because the cam is on a place on the carport. Not easy to access. Maybe it will be possible to access the files on the cam with ftp or webdav in future...

Regards, Harry

There is no easier way.

I'm not familiar with the F/W on the 942L, but it should allow you to download through that.

I've got a 2230, 2132L, 5222L, and it is painful to do that.

You probably need to set up motion detection, and use some FTP, to narrow down what you need to look for.

se22946

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »

There is no easier way.

I'm not familiar with the F/W on the 942L, but it should allow you to download through that.

I've got a 2230, 2132L, 5222L, and it is painful to do that.

You probably need to set up motion detection, and use some FTP, to narrow down what you need to look for.

Thank for your replay. I also ftp the videos on my server but i can only store 10 seconds when sending the videos to my server. The full videos (longer than 10 seconds) are stored on the sd card.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »

Thank for your replay. I also ftp the videos on my server but i can only store 10 seconds when sending the videos to my server. The full videos (longer than 10 seconds) are stored on the sd card.

I did some research, since it returns the files via an http request, you can build a program to request them.

The biggest hurdle I guess would be sending a request every hour to check the folder listing and then parse that, then pull the files.

I assume the file structures are the same. 

I'll have to think about this some more.  I was thinking of using cURL    http://curl.haxx.se/

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »

The files play through Windows Media Player,

You may be able to save from there or with a third party player.

To copy may not be possible wthout viewing or physically removing card.

G

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »

You can download if you connect to the camera directly, instead of through the mydlink.com website.

If your computer is connected to the same router, put the camera's IP address in the address bar of your browser.  You can find this address in any of the motion detection emails your camera sends (look for 4 numbers separated by periods, for example 192.168.1.2; this address might change occasionally like after your camera disconnects then reconnects), or your router may be able to tell you (where to find that depends on your router).  If you're not local it's a bit more difficult but you can also do it.  In that case, look for the 8 digit number under your camera's name on the tab on the left of the mydlink camera view.  Take that number and put it in place of the www in the URL.  For example, https://12345678.mydlink.com, click OK when it tells you to not leave the page, and accept some other warnings.

With either of these methods, you'll arrive at a password prompt.  Put in your camera's userid (probably admin, and whatever admin password you use).  Then click Setup at the top, and then SD Management at the left. Then click on a date, then an hour, then a file name. Then at the popup click save. That's it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:23:25 AM by GaryNY »