• April 20, 2024, 07:17:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Port Forwarding doesn't work and tech support is not helping  (Read 54981 times)

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: Port Forwarding doesn't work and tech support is not helping
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »

Hi Ru-Fi-Oh,

Just FYI, 1.02 defaults had SPI enabled, and UDP connections were Address Restricted, while TCP were Port and Address Restricted.  UPnP was also on.

No problem.

Even the Port Forwarding rules worked.

And I tried disabling everything, with no luck.  Games still timeout after 10 minutes or less.

Fearreality

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »

Yeah just to throw my 2 cents in. I had major game lag in Unreal Tournament as well.
  Since getting a new router with 1.02 (and even the old router with 1.02) Everything works as expected. You can change the settings to how you want them and you can create Game Fuel (QoS) rules or just let it remain default.
  It seems the new firmware is creating a slew of problems all over the DGL-4500 boards (multiple threads on various problems). I understand these problems aren't able to be recreated by you guys. Just curious how you are testing. Are you starting up a Rune, UT, WOW, Teamspeak, Steam,....etc servers? If so, and you aren't having any problems, what did you name them? what OS are you using? any patches to the games?  Let us test with you. I've already stated before I can send packages to start up the servers.
  Another question I was curious about; did you flash a router that had 1.02 to 1.12 or even 1.13 on your own? Or did PM just send you a router with 1.12/1.13 on it? Maybe these issues aren't really issues in the firmware but the upload utility placing it there. Would we still have the same results if we hard wired to the router MB and Flashed the Firmware from a dedicated device? I just find it really hard to believe these issues can't be replicated. And as an FYI I did restore the router to factory defaults, flashed on the clean install, did NOT upload configuration as that has never worked on the D-link routers for me, reset to factory defaults, Reflashed,... and like I said before over a couple hundred hours spent trying different ways of updating the firmware, trying to figure out workarounds, and basically hitting brick walls in every turn.

gnarlyDUCK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 06:10:02 AM »

Lycan/PM Team,
Why cant you guys recreate the issue that all of us are getting?  ???

Take a machine with CoD4 and Dlink 4500 fw1.02 and enabled Gaming rule for Call of Duty - and test the CoD4 multiplayer.
Take the same machine with CoD4 and Dlink 4500 fw 1.13 and enabled Gaming rule for Call of Duty - retest.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]