• March 18, 2024, 07:04:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cant view anything recorded on DNR-202l  (Read 4595 times)

skfelton

• Level 1 Member
Cant view anything recorded on DNR-202l
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »

It shows it recording on usb hard drive but cant view....can see live view on ip address .....even when I plug usb hard drive to computer and use hdd app I get nothing. My usb hard drive is powered by the usb off of the DNR will this cause a problem? Plus blue light on DNR has never been steady but only flashing blue......is hard drive pulling to much power from dnr causing problems?

Fyrewerx

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cant view anything recorded on DNR-202l
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »

I cannot provide a solution to you being unable to see the recorded video, however, I can say from experience with my working device, that you should not have a problem with getting the power for your HDD by plugging it into the DNR-202L (at least when using a 2.5" drive).  Also, my blue ring on the DNR-202L is always flashing, too.

skfelton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »

All fixed............I down loaded new revision and had to make exceptions to java security

HaveBlue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »

How did you fix this? I can view my cameras on the live view page of the DNR202L and its says recording but the playback screen is not responsive on the web interface. I manually updated the DNR202L to the 1.01 firmware. Using IE with the latest Java.

There is also a Dlink viewer app. How do you use this app? It doesn't seem to work either but I haven't messed with it much. Does it connect to the DNR202L or do you have to disconnect the disk and attach it to the PC? I can't believe how poor the manuals are on these devices and I have a degree in CS, lol.

dvildawgtn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:39:23 AM »

I had to open java. Click on the security tab and add my server to the exceptions site list (http://192...........)