• April 19, 2024, 07:03:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: LAN MAC address disconnected?  (Read 4044 times)

DiMascio

LAN MAC address disconnected?
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

ok i am really a technological idiot, so please bear with me.  although i have learned quite a bit in the past 2 days, having spent countless hours researching and trying to figure out how to properly connect this DIR-655 with a Vonage device and Charter cable modem, wired to my desktop, so i can wirelessly connect a wii, tivo, and an xbox 360.  Plus today, learning all the terms and trying to set up the WISH feature *sigh*.... i'm spent.
but in checking my logs this evening, as my xbox suddenly decided to connect on the wrong ip address, which was already taken by my vonage device (and the router/computer didn't like that), i noticed an entry:
[INFO] Tue Dec 18 15:28:16 2007 Wireless system with MAC address *** disconnected for reason: AP maybe crash...
the MAC address matches that of LAN and wireless LAN.  i wasn't doing anything online that i know of (the time on the administrative website is wonky; never keeps up), so i don't actually know if i lost connection.  it doesn't show another entry where it reconnects either.  does this mean anything?  it has done it twice tonight that it shows.
DIR-655 hardware version A3 firmware version 1.10, charter cable connection, DCHP client, i'm running windows xp home on a dell dimension 4600
thanks!