• March 28, 2024, 02:41:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Block or restrict access to FTP via Web Browser  (Read 1838 times)

mozacqvo

• Level 1 Member
Block or restrict access to FTP via Web Browser
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:29:03 AM »

Hello,
I have a problem with my FTP server security configuration. I set up my FTP server and everything is working correctly. When I configure access via some client (ex. Total Commander) I need to provide Username and Password in order to connect. What bothers me is that when I input URL of my FTP server in Web Browser, whole content of my storage is visible and accessible without any authorization. What I would like to do is to disable access to my server via Web Browser or at least to secure such access with login credentials (I know that it is possible but I have no idea how to do it on my device). Can someone please help me and let me know how to do it?

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Block or restrict access to FTP via Web Browser
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:38:24 AM »

Did you setup a user with username and password and did you give that user access to the FTP server? Read the 'Users and Groups' section of the manual for information.  That should be all that is necessary and works for FTP client programs as well as browsers.