• April 24, 2024, 04:36:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: bittorrent not working after installing second drive  (Read 3369 times)

zardoz_xanada

• Level 1 Member
bittorrent not working after installing second drive
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »

Hello all,

So the problem I am having is that the bittorrent client stopped operating after I installed a second drive.  I have removed all directory's on the drives that have to do with the client and then reinstalled the bittorent client but I still cannot use it.

I can access the bittorrent web page on the NAS but when I paste a torrent link and hit the add then the box just hangs updating the page.  If I wait a moment then log back into the NAS the new bittorent download is not shown.

Unfortunately, reformatting the drives is not really an option.  I have far too much stuff stored on them to have that as a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: bittorrent not working after installing second drive
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »

Removing the Nas_Prog folder entirely from your share. Once that is removed run the Easy Search utility again and install the BitTorrent application
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mrangelo

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:18:23 PM »

I have exactly the same problem and I can't delete the Nas_Prog folder (access deny), any sugestion?

Im running 1.05 version with 2 Barracuda 1tb (same model)

zardoz_xanada

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

I actually took the suggestion that was in another thread.  I deleted everything then reinstalled bitorrent.  Again, it didn't work.

The suggestion was to swap the drives after the bitorrent installation.  For whatever reason this did the trick.  I guess the installation program got confused on which drive it was supposed to install the software to (perhaps something to do with the volume names).

Anyways, this is the solution that worked for me.  Not the way I would like it since it seems that I have to have all the BT stuff on both drives but at least I can use the program.

Good luck