• April 28, 2024, 03:40:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BUG BUG BUG on DVG 3104MS gateway (All Lines Are Busy)  (Read 6229 times)

clsy

• Level 1 Member
BUG BUG BUG on DVG 3104MS gateway (All Lines Are Busy)
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »

We have discovered a bug in the DVG 3104MS gateway (lastest firmware 1.02.04e Aug 19 and previous firmware). When you send a dial number exceeding 20 digits, all available outbound lines turn busy for several seconds disabling all outbound dialing.

We have a total of 2 gateways (8 lines), one from our DVX-2000MS-10 kit and the other bought seperately. If one makes attempts a call (from handset or RP Assistant) that has more than 20 digits, all lines on the gateways (all 8 ports/lines) get BUSY and you hear 'all lines are busy try again later'. This ties up all lines for the entire office. The call log on both gateways shows 8 simultaneous calls (4 each). 

This happened when a user was able to import odd phone numbers into their RP Assistant software (another bug but that is Microsoft's) that had invalid characters and was extra long (example: "(512)111-2222 extension 12342" which is 21 digits long (spaces, brackets, dashes are ignored but not characters). One cannot enter A-Z in the contacts section of Assistant but one can IMPORT these offending letters from Outlook.

The reason the digit limit is 20, is that the default CALLING PLAN in the gateway has a limit of 25, and the *FXO9 takes up the first 5 digits. As a workaround, I tried to increase the max digits beyond 25 but it would not let me. Every time I APPLIED the change, it reverted back. I was able to add an extra PLAN of *FXO9512 with a max digits of 99 which worksaround the bug for 512 prefix calls which is the local call prefix.

Please fix this bug so that long digits does not LIGHT up the gateways. Shouldn't the proper handling of this invalid dial be to ignore or report a "digit too long" error and not try to make a call or tie up all the lines?

Thank you.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: BUG BUG BUG on DVG 3104MS gateway (All Lines Are Busy)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:58:30 PM »

Thanks for the information. We are looking into the issue and will work towards a fix as soon as possible. In an effort to resolve this issue, could you please let us know what firmware version is currently running on the Voice center system as whole (Gateway and Phones).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:17:17 PM by Mlachake »

Neoteric

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »

I have recently applied this firmware upgrade for the gateway aswell as the most recent firmware for the phones.  The gateway is only allowing 1 outbound line period.  It doesnt matter how many digits are being dialed.  We have 3 lines on the gateway.

I have tried removing the gateway from the RP unit and reconnecting it.

Any thoughts?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »

Please log into the gateway and reset it to factory defaults. Remove the DVG-3104MS and add it back to the Base Unit using Response Point Admin. That should fix the issue assuming it started after the firmware upgrade.

Neoteric

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »

I have reset the factory dephalts on the gateway and re-added it to the RP base and it has not fixed the problem.  If 1 line is in use, the RP server says no lines are avaliable.

If anyone has any other ideas or a method to revert the firmware back to preivous that would be great

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

Please verify with your service provider that hunting is enabled on the phone lines.  Hunting has to be configured on the service provider side. If that is true, then give us a call at 1-888-404-6262 Option 1 so that we can further troubleshoot the issue.

Neoteric

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »

Hunting is enabled as everything was working properly as intented before the firmware upgrade to the Gateway.

I have manually applied the previous verion of the firmware to the Gateway and everything is now working like before the upgrade.