• April 28, 2024, 07:36:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Adding a private line to a DPH-125MS  (Read 6648 times)

GCAccounts

• Level 1 Member
Adding a private line to a DPH-125MS
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »

We have 3 lines one of which is a private line. We want the private line to go through the system bypassing the extension prompts and going to one phone. Is this possible with the system we have?

JJ

GCAccounts

• Level 1 Member
Re: Adding a private line to a DPH-125MS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

No one knows if I can get this done?

bsginc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »

I dont know of any possible way with response point to make this happen.

I am also interested in finding out the answer to this, i have clients that have to use 2 phones on their desktop, on RP phone and one cordless phone for the dedicated pots phone line.

PCTechie

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 09:23:33 AM »

I too have asked this question in the past.  According to DLink they say it is not yet possible.  I assume this is a Microsoft thing since it is their software.  They did add some of the requested features in SP2, but they did not add this one.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:47:54 AM »

Yes, you can bypass the reception and have the call ring on a particular phone. However, I do not understand what you mean by a private line in relation to the other 2  or 3 lines.

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:02:22 AM »

If you are talking about DID then Response Point can't do that. You can buypass the receptionist to go to operator or you can specify a number incoming number to go to a certain extension but you can't do DID currently.

****EDIT-- I need to correct myself i am pretty sure that DID is avaliable via SIP Trunking.****
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:40:22 AM by mavrrick »

GCAccounts

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »

What I meant by a private line is one phone # that bypasses the receptionist and rings on one phone only. He wants a line to go directly to his phone no others. I cant figure out how to accomplish this or if it can be done.

mavrrick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

It sounds like you want your customer to be able to have lets say any phon call to phone number 555-555-55555 go to extension 100 for example. That is DID which can only be accomplished right now with SIP Trunking.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »

Now I understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish; it is not possible with the current gateway. That said, however, you can configure specific numbers (callers) to bypass the receptionist and ring at your extension.

thansen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

You could do it the old fashioned way and wire a new phone jack (for the private line only) to that users office and connect a standard single line phone to it.  Make the phone red and it could be a conversation piece too...