• April 24, 2024, 07:20:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-931L can't find network on mobile wifi  (Read 21079 times)

gorillagirl

• Level 1 Member
DCS-931L can't find network on mobile wifi
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:07:53 AM »

Tried setting this camera up today and it can't find the network. I downloaded the latest wizard and used that so it should be ok. I can't get ADSL here and have to use a Telstra elite mobile broadband device (in Australia). I get to the point where I push the WPS button on the wifi modem and it won't connect. None of the other network options work either and I can't use a normal modem to test it wired either. All my other devices work on this network except this camera.

Has anyone used it with Telstra mobile broadband, I checked the box and it didn't specify that it has to be set up through a wired modem.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-931L can't find network on mobile wifi
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 05:33:00 AM »

Connecting the DCS-931L to your network is independent of your network provider. The modem is what will drive this process. I suggest first configuring the camera via a wired connection to establish connectivity. Once connected to your network (wired), you can log into the DCS-931L web UI to configure the wireless settings for your network.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

gorillagirl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »

Bit how do I know what settings to use for my wifi network if I can get in? I cannot use a wired connection here as I don't have a router and there is only access to the net via mobile broadband. I'll try to find someone that will let me use their wired computer and modem, but I'll run into the same problem, I have no idea what the correct settings are on my network and I CANNOT set it up on my network wired in as there is NO wired broadband available here. Can you tell me where to find all the wireless settings I should be using.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »

Bit how do I know what settings to use for my wifi network if I can get in? I cannot use a wired connection here as I don't have a router and there is only access to the net via mobile broadband. I'll try to find someone that will let me use their wired computer and modem, but I'll run into the same problem, I have no idea what the correct settings are on my network and I CANNOT set it up on my network wired in as there is NO wired broadband available here. Can you tell me where to find all the wireless settings I should be using.

Is that a USB stick?

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband/prepaid/devices-and-starter-kits/#tab-4g-wifi

You will probably need something like this:

http://3gstore.com/product/673_cradlepoint_phs300.html

gorillagirl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

No, not a dongle it's a wifi hotspot http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Networking/Wireless-Mobile-Broadband/TE114743?catargetid=620015440000023933&cadevice={device} Every other device I have find the network no problem.

I have to stay with Telstra as it is the only way I can get a signal here. There are no ADSL ports available so mobile broadband is my only option. I have no idea how that router you lined would work, are you saying that I would use that instead of my Telstra modem?  I can get into my modem settings but I don't know what settings the camera needs so I can't change anything. There is no point setting it up on a network I won't be using either.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 07:11:57 AM »

If you know someone else with a router, you can try the following:

Either try to directly connect the DCS-931L to a PC to access the camera web UI and manually add the Telstra wireless credentials, or if you have access to another router:

• Connect the DCS-931L to a router on another network (wired)
  • Log into the DCS-931L web UI (enter the camera IP address into a browser on a PC connected the LAN)
  • Navigate to SETUP > Wireless Setup > WIRELESS SETTINGS
  • Manually add the Telstra 3g Wi-fi wireless credentials under SETUP > Wireless Setup > WIRELESS SETTINGS
  • See if the Testra 3g Wi-Fi recognizes the DCS-931L once the wireless credentials are added

In either case, once the Testra devices picks up the camera, you should be able to run the Wizard application.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:24:36 AM by JavaLawyer »

gorillagirl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

I'm going to try to access a wired router next week. So that would be the MAC address I use to get into the camera settings?

My pc and laptop recognise the camera but the camera doesn't recognise the network so I can run the wizard, just not finish it. I'll be back once I try to manually add the network.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 05:38:05 PM »

My pc and laptop recognise the camera but the camera doesn't recognise the network so I can run the wizard, just not finish it. I'll be back once I try to manually add the network.

• When you finally do connect the DCS-931L to a router (or you can use a switch), enter the camera's IP address in the address field of a browser window
  • Remove the DCS-931L from the router/switch
  • The DCS-931L should automatically join the Testra wireless network
  • Run the Wizard software from a PC on the Testra wireless network

gorillagirl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »

While you are here is there anywhere I can find the what settings on my telstra modem would allow the camera to connect because I don't think the camera will find the modem even if I try to manually connect. I can't find WEP in my modem so I hope these cameras aren't configured for only WEP? I am pretty sure it is my modem settings that are preventing it which won't be fixed any other way than to change them, even if I find a wired connection to use to set up.

Surely there is a document somewhere that lists what modem settings are needed for wireless? I really want to get this thing going.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »

You can visit mydlink.com/support and download the DCS-931L manual which has screenshots of the wireless settings pages along with all possible configurations options.