• April 18, 2024, 10:54:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: When will Dlink recall DGL-4500 A1 with firmware 1.20+  (Read 8167 times)

nekrosoft13

• Level 1 Member
When will Dlink recall DGL-4500 A1 with firmware 1.20+
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »

I'm being serious, I bought the router around June 2008. In may of 2009 I made a huge mistake and upgrade to 1.20, been waiting for Dlink to release some new firmware to finally fix their mistake. Then in late July 1.21 was released, and nothing changed.

Router still locks up every 2-4 days, problem that continued since may, and now I'm dead in water with a useless router that Dlink broke with their firmware. How long are customers to wait for some magical firmware to finally fix this router.

two main issues:
1) router locks up every 2-4 days, and requires a power cycle
2) wireless signal drops every 30seconds-2minutes. this one particularly doesn't bother me since i rarely use a laptop

so come on dlink when can we expect the magical fix for this mess? if you can't fix what you broke, then recall the affected routers.

Snoopy

• Level 2 Member
Re: When will Dlink recall DGL-4500 A1 with firmware 1.20+
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »

It will take a class action lawsuit.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »

Doubt they would have the funds to cover it. Plus Ive been seeing new web ads for the dgl-4500, so a recall on it is probably not even an issue with them[D-Link].

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:18:16 AM »

It more than likely does need to be recalled but companies onl ever resort to that if they absolutely have to.  The best way to get through to a company that puts out crap like the DGL-4500 is to stay away from their prodcucts.  My opinions of D-Link used to be so favourable that I woudln't even look at other products.  A very bad experience with this POS and the RMA and tech departments further runing my favourable views will make me just buy something from one of the many other networking companies out there. 

zoulkyud

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:17:40 AM »

or they could just fix the firmware or find out what the bug is.  Listen I understand you are angry, but this router was awesome before, and it likely will work better than ever once they fix the firmware.  If I recall is necessary I am sure they will do it, but I doubt it will be needed for firmware.  This has only been a problem for a few months, how about help trying to fix the problem.  Rather than just complain about it.  My router works so far, so I hope I have something that might be key to the solution.  My wireless works too.

Syaoran

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:41:47 AM »

Maybe you have nothing better to do than to sit around and troubleshoot this router but I bought it expecting it to work as claimed.  No wireless function on the one I purchased or the replacement makes it useless to me.  Lock ups when transfering files through the wired network and random reboots for no reason isn't what I call getting what I paid for.  I didn't buy this router to be a beta tester.  At least your router works for the most part.  Neither of mine did, I'm out a router, and I still need to go buy one to get my network back up and running.  I can guarantee it's definitely not going to be a D-Link. 

EJeanmaire

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »

or they could just fix the firmware or find out what the bug is.  Listen I understand you are angry, but this router was awesome before, and it likely will work better than ever once they fix the firmware.  If I recall is necessary I am sure they will do it, but I doubt it will be needed for firmware.  This has only been a problem for a few months, how about help trying to fix the problem.  Rather than just complain about it.  My router works so far, so I hope I have something that might be key to the solution.  My wireless works too.

What makes you so sure... look in the DWA-552 forum; that product never worked and never will.... Sadly I own one of those as well.

osirus999

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »

It will take a class action lawsuit.

It's coming!!  You need to follow the instructions I posted in this thread : http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6880.0

Before you can make any legal claim yourself.  You need to be proactive, exercise every option at your disposal and you need to document and save everything.  That includes emails, faxes, posts in forums, all paperwork, recordings of support calls, document the time you spend on this issue, you name it SAVE EVERYTHING!  If after doing all this you still haven't been taken care of to your satisfaction you will be a prime candidate for what's coming.

Stay in touch with people over at Broadbandreports.com in the dlink forum (don't worry, you can't miss the thread) because there is a self help website being built right now that will link everyone together, gather all the facts and then ultimately find the best representation to deal with this issue.