• March 28, 2024, 02:27:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need to reboot every few days to restore wireless connectivity  (Read 60924 times)

LeSid

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need to reboot every few days to restore wireless connectivity
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »

I have a WBR-2310 rev A1 with 1.05 firmware and i suggested to anybody who has wireless connectivity problems to add an electric timer (found in all good hardware stores) that will reboot their router once a day.

Since i did that i do not have any problems for years. I am switching to DIR-827 now and i will use the WBR-2310 as a relay (switch or access point ...) for my old wired devices.

I hope that you will find this useful,
LeSid

George1944

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »

I used to have this problem, but I found a solution somewhere in this forum.  This was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact thread.  But what I had to do was flash the di624revD_firmware_404.bin to the router (you can find it on the site here, I believe).  Ever since I did that, it never needed to be reset again... I could have it on for days and days on end.  YMMV.

I am trying to solve the same problem. I have a new (eBay sourced) WBR2310 RevB unit with 2.03 firmware. I have the DI624_RevD_firmware_4.04, but the router firmware update tool rejects this load as incompatible. I have read about Flashing firmware which involves holding down the reset switch while powering up. It
sounds risky to me. Before I take this drastic step, can somebody confirm this procedure or tell me how to flash this DI624 firmware

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 10:04:31 PM »

I used to have this problem, but I found a solution somewhere in this forum.  This was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact thread.  But what I had to do was flash the di624revD_firmware_404.bin to the router (you can find it on the site here, I believe).  Ever since I did that, it never needed to be reset again... I could have it on for days and days on end.  YMMV.

I am trying to solve the same problem. I have a new (eBay sourced) WBR2310 RevB unit with 2.03 firmware. I have the DI624_RevD_firmware_4.04, but the router firmware update tool rejects this load as incompatible. I have read about Flashing firmware which involves holding down the reset switch while powering up. It
sounds risky to me. Before I take this drastic step, can somebody confirm this procedure or tell me how to flash this DI624 firmware

Umm, this release was over 8 years ago... why in the world are you even using it?  I'm not sure I understand why... I'm not sure anyone has such hardware laying around or remembers how to do anything....  ??? ???

Rev B 2008: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1879.0

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »

Is there a problem with the currently loaded FW?
If there is, maybe give us details on the problem.

It's not advisable to load non-same model FW as there are differences and incompatibilities that can cause problems.

It's advised to get into a newer generation router which support Gb LAN cable networking speeds and better G and N mode wifi.

The WBR series routers only support 100Mb on the LAN wire and up to G mode only and may not be fully wireless compatible with newer generation devices and streaming bandwidth needs. Newer generation routers support 1000Mb speeds are wired LAN cable and can be found cheap as well on ebay and amazon.

Let us know if you need more info.

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 [2]