The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5030L

bad audio from 5030L camera

(1/3) > >>

roadiemoose:
Greetings.

I have two DCS-5030L cameras installed in my home.  One is working perfectly, the second only has this audio issue.

I'm running the same firmware, 1.01.06, on both units.  I have no problems viewing video on either unit.

I've provided a link to an mp4 which is a recording from my phone of what it sounds like while listening to the audio of the one camera.  It doesn't matter whether I use my iPhone app, mydlink website, etc.  The audio sounds the same.  I didn't notice this until today and I've had the cameras for roughly two weeks now.

I've done factory resets, I've moved the camera to the same outlet and location as the working camera to rule out interference or grounding issues.  None of my troubleshooting attempts has fixed the problem.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas what the issue might be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to mp4 file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo8tugj1v1sht8n/Dlink%20Camera%20Noise.m4a?dl=0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bryan

FurryNutz:
Maybe a faulty unit if you have moved the unit around and done a reset.

Only thing you might try is doing a factory reset, manual load of the FW file, factory reset, then set up from scratch and test. If problem still appears, then I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

roadiemoose:
Thanks for the advice.

I own two of these cameras and I put the "bad" one in the same spot as the good one, using the power cord etc and it still was acting up.  Factory reset, restore firmware, nothing helped.

I called tech support.  They gave me an RMA number.  Unfortunately, they wanted me to pay for the shipping of the unit.  I said it's 5 days old, i'll just return in.  They transferred me to the D-Link Shop, where I bought it to begin with, and they were very helpful in saying that they would exchange the unit free of all charges since it's brand new.

Now just waiting for the new unit to arrive.

Thanks,

Bryan

FurryNutz:
Hope the replacements works well.  ;)

roadiemoose:
Received brand new replacement yesterday...  Installed and everything is working perfectly...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version