• March 28, 2024, 01:47:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446531 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2014, 05:54:59 AM »

Please add the following to the wish list if you would be so kind:

- Ability to move camera via "point-and-click" (or tap/swipe for touchscreen interface) when in browser "Video Full Screen" mode and/or add right-click pop-up menu to select from preset position list when in the full screen viewing mode.

This seems like something that would be added to the mydlink app rather than the DCS-5222L FW.

- Ability to configure periodic DDNS update rate to as frequent as hourly (to reduce the time the camera cannot be accessed from the internet using hostname service when DHCP IP change occurs and DDNS update fails). This will eliminate the need to either use the camera's "reboot" option to automatically, or to manually, correct a loss of DDNS synch.

- Ability to select FULL or QUICK format of SD card

Added to the firmware wishlist... ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2014, 05:59:00 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to configure the DDNS update rate (e.g. hourly) to reduce camera unavailability following a DHCP IP change and DDNS update failure
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Ping test to validate Internet connectivity
  • General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • General - Real time threshold monitoring for noise detection, motion detection, and day/night transitioning
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Browser Support - Improve Linux browser support
  • Browser Support - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform
  • Email Notification - Increase the field length for the email username and password (e.g. 64 or 128 characters)
  • Email Notification - Option to modify email alert subject header
  • Event Scheduling - Add option to schedule "All the time except for the above schedule" checkbox (i.e. DCS-5300G has this option)
  • FTP/Email - Option to record and send an email for both scheduled events and motion detection events rather than selecting only one of these two options
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • FTP - Send concurrent FTP recordings with no break (i.e. no missing time between captures)
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Add gauge displaying real-time motion detection event triggering (for calibration)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve motion detection algorithm to increase accuracy and relevancy of triggered events
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Option to limit motion detection event recording length to the duration of the event (rather than a fixed period, e.g. 10 seconds)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators (while the camera is in night mode) and control ICR (similar to the DCS-2332 web UI illustrated here)
  • Night Mode - Option to explicitely select the light level required for day/night mode transitioning
  • Patrol - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Privacy Mode - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - Option to schedule privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - User defined delay when enabling/disabling Privacy Mode
  • Recording Options - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • Recording Options - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • Recording Options - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • Recording Options - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • SD Recording - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • SD Recording - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Option to perform a FULL or QUICK SD Card format
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Status - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • Status - Add indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Status - Wireless signal strength indicator on the Status page
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9

Steve111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2014, 06:39:00 AM »

- Ability to move camera via "point-and-click" (or tap/swipe for touchscreen interface) when in browser "Video Full Screen" mode and/or add right-click pop-up menu to select from preset position list when in the full screen viewing mode.

This seems like something that would be added to the mydlink app rather than the DCS-5222L FW.

- Ability to configure periodic DDNS update rate to as frequent as hourly (to reduce the time the camera cannot be accessed from the internet using hostname service when DHCP IP change occurs and DDNS update fails). This will eliminate the need to either use the camera's "reboot" option to automatically, or to manually, correct a loss of DDNS synch.

- Ability to select FULL or QUICK format of SD card

Thanks for adding the SD card request.

For the "Full Screen" related request, I was primarily referring to the Internet Explorer plugin in the camera's HTML interface. I assume that is where this "ability to move the camera in full screen mode" functionality exists?

For mobile, I use JustConnect+ and that app. to my understanding, always operates in full-screen mode and already has the capability to move the camera, so I have no issues with that mobile app. Sorry for the confusion.

So again, can you consider modifying the browser plugin so I can move the camera in full screen mode when using an internet browser from a Windows PC (including a Surface PRO and maybe other tablets that use the browser plugin and have a touch screen interface)?

Much appreciated!! :-)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »

MyDlinkLite 3.4.2 on my Android tablet has this swipe thing you mention. It works all my 5222l rev a and b. and 5010L.

I don't like it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »

For the "Full Screen" related request, I was primarily referring to the Internet Explorer plugin in the camera's HTML interface. I assume that is where this "ability to move the camera in full screen mode" functionality exists?

So again, can you consider modifying the browser plugin so I can move the camera in full screen mode when using an internet browser from a Windows PC (including a Surface PRO and maybe other tablets that use the browser plugin and have a touch screen interface)?
Much appreciated!! :-)

Added... ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to configure the DDNS update rate (e.g. hourly) to reduce camera unavailability following a DHCP IP change and DDNS update failure
  • General - Option to view live video full screen via the camera web UI
  • General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • General - Real time threshold monitoring for noise detection, motion detection, and day/night transitioning
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Email Notification - Increase the field length for the email username and password (e.g. 64 or 128 characters)
  • Event Scheduling - Add option to schedule "All the time except for the above schedule" checkbox (i.e. DCS-5300G has this option)
  • FTP/Email - Option to record and send an email for both scheduled events and motion detection events rather than selecting only one of these two options
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • FTP - Send concurrent FTP recordings with no break (i.e. no missing time between captures)
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Add gauge displaying real-time motion detection event triggering (for calibration)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve motion detection algorithm to increase accuracy and relevancy of triggered events
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Option to limit motion detection event recording length to the duration of the event (rather than a fixed period, e.g. 10 seconds)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators (while the camera is in night mode) and control ICR (similar to the DCS-2332 web UI illustrated here)
  • Night Mode - Option to explicitely select the light level required for day/night mode transitioning
  • Patrol - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Recording Options - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • Recording Options - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • Recording Options - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • SD Recording - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Status - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • Status - Add indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)

• Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9

Steve111

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »

When will you make these "addressed by DLINK" items available to users? I just checked (again) and latest firmware on the support page still shows 1.12 from last May (2014)
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-5222L

Is it also possible you could focus efforts on resolving reliability issues as highest priority over new features? Much appreciated if you could.

banania

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2015, 12:25:55 AM »

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right topc, but would it be possible to add a functionnality to record directly on a dropbox or google drive account?
I don't understand the interest to save on the sd card, and with mails I just have 5 sec videos...

thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »

When will you make these "addressed by DLINK" items available to users?

This is a firmware wishlist maintained by the forum community and is not a promise that something will (or won't) make it's way into new firmware. D-Link does visit the forum and I can say that they have read through wishlist threads maintained for various products here.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right topc, but would it be possible to add a functionnality to record directly on a dropbox or google drive account?
I don't understand the interest to save on the sd card, and with mails I just have 5 sec videos...

thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2015, 11:50:38 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

DCS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Option to view live video full screen via the camera web UI
  • Recording Options - Ability to save to Dropbox, Google drive, and other similar Cloud storage services

bonmay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »

I can't connect to my DLink Camera!  I get this error message:  Connection Timed Out (017f060300)
How can I fix this, it has been going on way too long?

TheBarnes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »

Chrome is getting rid of NPAPI-plug-in support (@ Sept 2015) and most other browser will follow. I think that calls for a rewrite of the liveView.cgi that is needed to see the camera's live video or change the Setup/Maintenance. Since that looks to be included in the firmware, it should be modified to house a different type of plugin.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2015, 01:08:41 PM »

Other Mfr browsers should be tested as well as a alternate to Chrome while this issue is in transition. I presume D-Link is aware of it and will take steps to ensure there products continue to work with all browsers.

Links>mydlink and Browser FAQ
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
mydlink.com and Java Application FAQ

Also...
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/15/chrome-42-blocks-java-silverlight-other-plugins-by-default-now/
http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=IlkzRfo0ym7ofWgtMitzCA%3d%3d
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Warb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »

Would this be the right place to ask if the video compression has actually been optimised? I just upgraded a pair of DCS2132L's from their factory firmware v 1.01 to the latest v1.05.02, and at the same video setting the bandwidth (as reported by my DNR322) dropped from around 950kbps to around 250kbps. That's a 75% reduction in bandwidth with no changes in settings, so I assume it's simply down to optimisation. My DCS5222LB2, at firmware 2.03.01, at the same video settings as the 2132's (i.e. 1280x720, 15fps, fixed quality "good") are using 2500kbps. That's ten times the bandwidth and the same resolution.

Given the 75% drop I saw when upgrading the 2132's, I wonder if the 5222's also need a tweak?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15