• March 28, 2024, 05:52:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1210-24 VLAN Problems  (Read 3915 times)

pgLibay

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1210-24 VLAN Problems
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I'm new to networking, i'm trying to configure VLANs on a DGS-1210-24 Switch..This is the scenario..

DGS-1210-24 Switch is divided into 4 VLANs

VLAN 1 (Default) - P# 2-4 Untagged, P# 1 Tagged , Used as management VLAN
VLAN 10 - P# 5-8 Untagged, P# 1 Tagged, I have 2 servers connected to ports 5 and 6 on this VLAN
VLAN 20 - P# 9-20 Untagged, P# 1 Tagged, This is a VLAN where my Network clients connects to
VLAN 30 - P# 21-24 Untagged, P# 1 Tagged, I'm planning to connect an AP to this ports

Port # 1 is connected to Port 2 of a Ubiquiti Edge Router Lite (ERL), i have also configured Virtual interfaces and DHCP service on the router for all the VLANS on my switch.. Ports 0 and 1 on the ERL are both used for load balancing 2 WAN..

The DHCP service is working fine for all VLANS, I can also connect to the internet.. I tried to ping the Server connected on Port 5 (VLAN 10) from a device connected on Port 9 (VLAN 20) and it works, THE PROBLEM is that when i tried to access a network app hosted on the server (the one on port 5), IT DOESNT SEEM to work.

What have I done wrong? Hope someone could help. THANKS in advance!

PacketTracer

• Level 4 Member
Re: DGS-1210-24 VLAN Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »

Hi,

maybe some host based firewall residing on your server or some packet filter operating inside your router blocks the port(s) of your network app, while ICMP (ping) may pass?

PT