• April 26, 2024, 02:32:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Data is corrupt" error on PS3 causes dlna sharing to break  (Read 4662 times)

pimpstylz

• Level 1 Member
"Data is corrupt" error on PS3 causes dlna sharing to break
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:00:19 AM »

I have been trying to wrap my head around what is going on here.

It seems as though upnp on the dns is finicky if you share a file and then fiddle with folders and file names, even if you refresh and reboot the upnp server.  I'm hoping someone has had similar experience and knows exactly what's going on.

I have successfully set up upnp sharing to my ps3, and for the most part it works.  Every now and again, I have a new .avi that I want to view on my ps3.  The ps3 doesn't indicate that it doesn't like the file (like "unsupported data" icon), but when I launch it, I get a black screen with the error "data is corrupt".  From this point forward, I can't view any video at all, even the ones that had worked before.  To restore, I have to reboot the DNS.

I'm not sure specifically of what I did next fixed the problem, but I prefixed the folder the file was in with a "z" so that I would know never to launch it again.  But for gits and shiggles I tried anyway, and low and behold the file worked.  I didn't rename the file, only the folder.  Since it worked, I decided to remove the prefix on the folder.  This broke my ability to watch the file again.

I tried all sorts of things, since I was now convinced it could work.  I disabled upnp, refreshed, rebooted in all sorts of combinations.  It wasn't until I put that prefix on the folder again did it work again.

What the heck?  Anybody have an idea why this is?  Is the upnp "index" corrupted when files don't change, but their folders do?  I moved files between folders and these files didn't get corrupted.

Thanks!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: "Data is corrupt" error on PS3 causes dlna sharing to break
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:28:10 AM »

Have you tried refreshing the UPnP AV media server after make file or folder name changes?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

ttmcmurry

• Level 4 Member
Re: "Data is corrupt" error on PS3 causes dlna sharing to break
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »

that does bring up a good question.  Where is the index stored anyway?