• April 23, 2024, 01:15:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UPS Information With Firmware 1.06 (Resolved)  (Read 3510 times)

mulder

UPS Information With Firmware 1.06 (Resolved)
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:32:44 AM »

I've installed firmware 1.06 and picked up a PHILIPS SPB8898WA/17 750VA 8-Outlet UPS (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SPB8898WA/17&scy=us&slg=AEN). After the UPS charged overnight I plugged in the USB cable to the 323. Going to status -> device info shows the following:

PRINTER INFO :
Manufacturer  : POWERCOM CO., LTD.
Product         : USB to Serial

UPS INFO        :
Manufacturer   : POWERCOM CO., LTD.
Product          : USB to Serial
Battery Charge: N/A
Status           : N/A

Five seconds later the 'UPS INFO' disappears and only 'PRINTER INFO' is shown. Is there a reason why (1) the UPS information no longer shows after five seconds (2) Battery Charge shows N/A (3) Status shows N/A?

I installed the UPSMON software and plugged in the USB cable to the laptop. All UPS information was showing yet nothing shows with the 323.

*Update*
Picked up a APC Back-UPS XS 1300 LCD (http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR1300LCD)

Tested status -> device info. Gone is printer info. What it is replaced is the following:

UPS INFO       :
Manufacturer  : American Power Conversion
Product          : Back-UPS XS 1300 LCD FW:836.H8 .D USB FW:H8
Battery Charge: 100 %
Status           : On Line

D-Link, you will need to compile a list of what UPS(s) firmware 1.06 properly supports

Once again I cannot upload my screenshot to this forum as the following message occurs:
An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:44:58 PM by mulder »