• April 23, 2024, 12:54:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thoughts on 1.10 BETA  (Read 16461 times)

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Thoughts on 1.10 BETA
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 05:36:45 PM »

Tis a bit odd, I rebooted the 323 and retried. Same result, had to use the desktop.
Are you sure you are using the same credentials to map the drive?
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

tosbert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 03:15:42 AM »

I simply used easysearch on both machines.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Today the print server stopped working. I printed successfully after my update to 1.10, but today I just can't get anything to print. I've restarted my 323, uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, nothing. I also notice there is no "clear print queue" button in the UI.  ???

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

Today the print server stopped working. I printed successfully after my update to 1.10, but today I just can't get anything to print. I've restarted my 323, uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, nothing. I also notice there is no "clear print queue" button in the UI.  ???

There is on mine - status page right where it's been since it was added (back in 1.03 or 1.04)
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »

Yep, I'm well aware of where it should be. I have two boxes, "MEDIA" and "DATA" on MEDIA I have no printer attached and under status:

Manufacturer:  None
Product:  None

[Clear Print Queu(s)]

But in DATA where my printer is attached USB:

Manufacturer:  Canon
Product:  MP510

... nothing else!

Will reset to factory and reload my settings. **cross fingers**

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »

update:

I have reset to factory settings without success. When I unplug my printer and go to status page:

Manufacturer:  None
Product:  None

[Clear Print Queu(s)]

when I reattach my printer via USB:

Manufacturer:  Canon
Product:  MP510

NO CLEAR PRINT QUEU BUTTON!

I would love to blame my printer for this, but I was able to print in 1.09 and could print until recently in 1.10 beta.

jrbilodeau

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:57 AM »

Will reset to factory and reload my settings. **cross fingers**

when you said that you will reload your settings, are you doing this manually or did you previously backup your settings and now your reload these backed up settings. Just asking cause it's not good to do this when changing firmware version.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »

When I first moved to 1.10 beta, I retained my settings. I tested everything out (including the printer) and a few days later reset to factory and manually entered all settings. Then I made a backup of the settings file.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if I tried printing AFTER my manual re-enter of my settings. Maybe I will try a beta 1.09 settings file just to see what happens. I have two 323s, and both are unable to print.

TJ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »

Updated to beta 1.10build06 today. Manually reentered my settings afterward and I can print! It took a little while, the document never left the print queu (even after printing was finished), but it printed! I still dont have a "clear print queue" button in the webUI though...

On my other (media) box the media server seems to have refreshed faster, but my "%20" space problem remains (see first post in this topic). So for my purposes, we're halfway there DLink! Once the "%20" is resolved I will be content with the functionality of this box. Now a wishlist:

1. Working FTPS
2. Built-in scan server
3. Open API
Pages: 1 [2]