• April 18, 2024, 07:24:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?  (Read 237486 times)

Sveos

• Level 1 Member
Re: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2010, 12:54:27 AM »

I've had this unit for a month now and this fan issue is really annoying, not to mention how annoying it is that D-Link has yet to solve it. The end of the year is approaching and no word from D-Link.

D-Link Sweden, where I live, don't have a clue either about when the new Firmware will be released.

Sveos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2010, 12:58:11 AM »

...and now we have four workdays left of this year. Please, D-Link, fix this issue now, please. Otherwise I'm going to return it and buy another brand.

Avenger

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »

...and now we have four workdays left of this year. Please, D-Link, fix this issue now, please. Otherwise I'm going to return it and buy another brand.

No you aren't, you are out of your return period.  Not to mention the staff don't read the forums, so your demands fall on deaf ears.

Temper tantrum time!

Sveos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »

:) - Swedish consumer laws give me the option of returning a faulty unit for up to three years if the fault was there to begin with.

However, the store where I bought it told me they'd like a look at it when I asked if I could exchange it for something else. We'll see what happens, since it doesn't do any good being shut off all the time.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »

What fan issue do you find really annoying? Mine works fine?
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

Sveos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »

The fact that it NEVER shuts down, which seems to be a problem for many users and it seems to have something to do with Hardware C1. D-Link said there'd be a fix in 1.10 and that 1.10 was to be released shortly after 1.09 and before the end of the year.

HSishi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Fonz' FunPlug package includes a "fanctl" module with which you can control the fan speed behaviour.

I use a very silent 2,5" SSD in the right bay (Volume_2) so the main storage HDD spins down most of the time and the FunPlug runs from the SSD. No warmth is generated and the fan operates at very low speed or is turned off most of the time.
The BitTorrent client also stores on SSD.
Other users manage to run the FunPlug from USB stick but the r/w speed of the stick lacks performance.

Not the finest solution (SSD isn't that big storage place) but it works fine with an acceptable speed.

//HSishi

eilz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 02:31:23 AM »

The fact that it NEVER shuts down, which seems to be a problem for many users and it seems to have something to do with Hardware C1. D-Link said there'd be a fix in 1.10 and that 1.10 was to be released shortly after 1.09 and before the end of the year.

Anyone know where to get the 1.10 beta or should i wait for the final release, anyone know of date when this will be out please, thanks.

jasonsbx

• Level 1 Member

McPillager

• Level 2 Member

oldgit485

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »

Hello,
I'm new here,awaiting delivery of my dns-323,this helpful forum and the promise of new firmware made me feel that it was a bargain at the clearance price several vendors have been selling it at.I suspect that there may well be several hundred new owners now wondering should they go with the loaded firmware or wait for 1.10, any words of wisdom from you experts ?
I previously used a netgear sc101 toaster ! and am worried that I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.I'm sure that just as I would never buy a Netgear product again that conversley a show of support from D-link would gain a loyal following for their present and future products.
I don't live far from D-links uk office, perhaps i'll start painting a banner for an Egypt style protest.
oldgit

jasonsbx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:43 AM »

Hello,
I'm new here,awaiting delivery of my dns-323,this helpful forum and the promise of new firmware made me feel that it was a bargain at the clearance price several vendors have been selling it at.I suspect that there may well be several hundred new owners now wondering should they go with the loaded firmware or wait for 1.10, any words of wisdom from you experts ?
I previously used a netgear sc101 toaster ! and am worried that I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.I'm sure that just as I would never buy a Netgear product again that conversley a show of support from D-link would gain a loyal following for their present and future products.
I don't live far from D-links uk office, perhaps i'll start painting a banner for an Egypt style protest.
oldgit
The new firmware may open up your choices of hard drive as I believe it will support the advanced format ones. This is especially true if you are look at TB sizes. Fortunately its seems its weeks not months away.

Tipstaff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »

Hello,
oldgit

Most new boxes come with newer C1 hardware, and firmware 1.08 (I've bought a lot of these for clients, and have yet to see any come with 1.09). When you get it just flip the box over, and it should say right on the sticker (H/W: C1 means C1 revision, and it will also list the firmware). My advice would be to leave it AS IS on firmware 1.08, and not upgrade to 1.09. There's no need to do so as it only adds 1 option, and it's not related to any "fixes".  I've also seen reports from people that this issue only cropped up once they upgraded the firmware from 1.08 to 1.09, or that it got worse once they did, so it's another reason just to leave the box on the default firmware for now.

McPillager

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:56 AM »

Most new boxes come with newer C1 hardware, and firmware 1.08 (I've bought a lot of these for clients, and have yet to see any come with 1.09). When you get it just flip the box over, and it should say right on the sticker (H/W: C1 means C1 revision, and it will also list the firmware). My advice would be to leave it AS IS on firmware 1.08, and not upgrade to 1.09. There's no need to do so as it only adds 1 option, and it's not related to any "fixes".  I've also seen reports from people that this issue only cropped up once they upgraded the firmware from 1.08 to 1.09, or that it got worse once they did, so it's another reason just to leave the box on the default firmware for now.

True. What's new with every update can be seen in the official web page if you click "Support Resources" -> U.S. -> Firmware. 1.09 only adds support for CTERA online backup.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16