• April 28, 2024, 05:04:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Make DNS323 more...Media friendly?  (Read 13262 times)

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
Re: Make DNS323 more...Media friendly?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »

basically it sounds like, if you don't like what d-link offers, go somewhere else.

Yes. I think that pretty much applies to any company in any industry. I don't like some cars, but I'm not going to persistently complain to the manufacturers about them, but instead choose another manufacturer.

doesn't hurt me though.....

Phew! Where's the problem then?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:00:02 AM by jamieburchell »
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

corezz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »

Price of Synology DS110j  at most stores in Canada - 170-200$ (see THIS retailer)
CPU 800mhz
RAM 128mb
Features include advance ftp, storage, web hosting, firewall (controls anti-hammering wich DNS doesn't do), shared encrypted folders, emule, bittorent, photostation, audiostation, itunes server, mail server, surveillance station, download station, usb single button copy and alot more. All in a easy web interface that people can log onto from distance.

OH...MY...GOD!!!!  THANK YOU P01arBear!!  I have been reading a bunch of NAS drives all over and had decided it was either the DNS323 or the Buffalo LH-XLS despite there many problems and bugs and lack of support but just by chance i stumbled on to this post and saw THIS!   I decided to investigate and HOLY CRAP this thing is pretty damn good!  I love the Manager it has too...pretty much gives you everything incl the kitchen sink to configure.  Seems almost criminal to have something so superior...I checked around (i am Canadian) and found a pretty great bargain (cheaper than the DNS 323) so i will definitrely be going for that.  I dont need two bays (i am getting 1TB WD).  The raid is useless to me.  I had been looking for something that provides tons of features and customizability.  I also love that it has Telnet'ing so you can even configure it on your own to enhance it.  I might do this to add "Transmission" despite their Bittorrent client already being pretty perfect as it already is. 

Thanks for the suggestion...you've finalized my NAS choice!  Had to create an account just to say thanks!

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »

FWIW, I have the Synology DS209, it's a great box, and is feature-full.

Note that the DS110j is a single drive box, you may want to consider stepping up to one of the dual-drive models, say the DS210j
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.
Pages: 1 [2]