• March 28, 2024, 03:43:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My wish list for DCS-2330L  (Read 2815 times)

mhung0793

• Level 1 Member
My wish list for DCS-2330L
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »

After installing my first DCS-2330L, I like the camera overall using wireless to connect to camera.  But, there are something, mainly in firmware, that I think DLINK may improve.  With the improvement, I believe that DLINK order will be A LOT better.  And, you will get product referral and repeat customers.

1. Less disconnected errors.  I need to unplug and plug the power to re-start.  My friend, who got a LogicTech, has the similar failure and bought a switchable to re-cycle the power using cell phone remotely.
2. Firmware update through wireless, instead of Ethernet.  It takes long time to re-connect the cable from the camera which was fixed on the wall.  Note: LogicTech supports update from Wifi.
3. Reboot not to crash.  It crashes about 50% chance right after reboot.  I tried to configure rebooting daily to reduce the disconnected error.  But, it does not work.
4. To record 3 second earlier before motion detection can work.  I am not sure whether the camera worked before, but it lagged after I reset camera to factory default.
5. To reduce the incorrect motion detection.  I think that some wrong detection are from the camera aperture changes.  And, camera may mask off the detection at the aperture changes.
6. A new firmware update.  I got 1.10.07 working with wireless.  It was much better.  It does not have reboot crash issue, and the 3 second pre-recording works well.  But, it reports incorrect detection when aperture changes at sun light. 

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: My wish list for DCS-2330L
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »

2.  The camera supports firmware updates via WiFi.  That is a riskier way to do it, of course, but the camera does allow it.

5.  I agree, although this is a tough problem.  Motion detection is based on a simple analysis of pixel changes in the field of view, and the camera has no intelligence about what it's looking at it know whether a change should be ignored (e.g. due to aperture change as you point out, or in another example, shadows). 

quixy

• Level 1 Member
Re: My wish list for DCS-2330L
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »

I want more than 99 seconds between emailed pictures. The cameras turn into spammers on windy days.  :(