• March 28, 2024, 04:56:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 128864 times)

Freccia

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

(1) enhance WiFi client signal strength. The WiFi strength is weak. I use dcs-5020L and dcs-5230L too and both connect to my WiFi router from my bedroom, but dcs-2132L does not. dcs-2132L only connects when in close proximity to my WiFi router.

Freakapotamus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2013, 07:44:37 AM »

1) The ability to time based Image settings. So you could customise for day and night

2) The ability to trigger multiple actions off 1 event

MrP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2014, 09:40:38 AM »

Can a feature be added to make the camera more easy/practical to use "stand alone"?

In "Event Setup" under "Media" and "Snap Shot". Can a choice be added where user can choose how many pictures should be saved before starting over and overwriting the first pictures. If for example 4000pictures is to be saved in a loop, where this number is added to the picture name, and when reaching 4000 it begin again with 0000 and overwrite that picture.

This feature is perfect when having a simple installation with a NAS present, and where one would NOT like to use a supervision software. Then it's simple to FTP or simply save this loop of pictures onto a known area on disc, and do not have to be worried about overflow with pictures...

/BR MrP

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:43 AM »

"SD Card - Add a "Power User" security ..." misses their need to see the log (where motion events are logged), so such a user accessing the live recordings knows what time point to skip to for the next motion point.

Really, I suspect it better said as I noted earlier, move SD to its own tab (gaining it's own access point / user), with a (duplicated?) sub-entry (left side) of log.

If you go in as a user, for example, and try to go to log, it can't, no permission. Same for setup. e.g. No permission to setup.html is returned. A 'mediauser' would then be allowed to go to /sd.html (and once there on the left would be logs), while the normal user still would not be allowed to go to /sd.html.

Added to wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:02 AM »

I would like to see the image setup functions moved to the Live Video screen.  It's very difficult to see the result of changes and therefore very time consuming to make any.

Also, my 942L has a button on the Live Video screen to toggle day/night mode.  I'd like to see that on the Live Video screen for the 2132L as well.

Finally, I wish the motion detection interface was the same as the 942L.  On the 2132L, the squares are way too large (look at the iSpy Connect motion interface for what I think would be ideal), there should be draw/erase options and PIR options.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »

I would like to see quick toggle for all events or at least for both video motion tracking AND passive infrared tracking. It would work best if it were one UI page where you can link directly, without going through sub activities.

This way one could access the camera, and enable or disable the tracking. Useful when you have the camera as home guard, and you come and go.

This sort of works when you go to settings and motion detection, and toggle the video motion detection. But that part works ONLY for video motion algorithm, and not PIR. If you use PIR as the trigger, you have to enter the event setup, and disable EVERY event with PIR. Very time consuming. Even with motion tracking you have to make a couple of steps before you are at enable/disable.

The same goes for myDlink App: you have to do several steps before you can toggle the motion detection. It should be quick access item.
--

Other than this, it would be good to have a couple of more events available. Now it is very difficult to set SMS alert (through email service), initial email pictures (first safe pictures), FTP transmit (for more detailed safe pictures) and actual recording to SD. All this works individually, but with two events it is hard to select.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »

(1) enhance WiFi client signal strength. The WiFi strength is weak. I use dcs-5020L and dcs-5230L too and both connect to my WiFi router from my bedroom, but dcs-2132L does not. dcs-2132L only connects when in close proximity to my WiFi router.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »

Can a feature be added to make the camera more easy/practical to use "stand alone"?

In "Event Setup" under "Media" and "Snap Shot". Can a choice be added where user can choose how many pictures should be saved before starting over and overwriting the first pictures. If for example 4000pictures is to be saved in a loop, where this number is added to the picture name, and when reaching 4000 it begin again with 0000 and overwrite that picture.

This feature is perfect when having a simple installation with a NAS present, and where one would NOT like to use a supervision software. Then it's simple to FTP or simply save this loop of pictures onto a known area on disc, and do not have to be worried about overflow with pictures...

/BR MrP

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »

1) The ability to time based Image settings. So you could customise for day and night

2) The ability to trigger multiple actions off 1 event

Would you please elaborate? I'm not entirely sure what these two features are providing.  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:53 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Anti-Flicker Issue - When exposure is set to "Outdoor", changing Anti-Flicker or exposure to customize has no impact (i.e. no whiteout reduction), issue is presented here
  • General - Automatic firmware check and update
  • General - Direct download link to new firmware
  • General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)
  • General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)
  • General - Image Settings - Add preview pane on image setup screen to quickly preview changes
  • General - Live Video - Add Day/Night Mode toggle button
  • General - Maintain support for latest browser versions (i.e. IE 10 support)
  • General - Under MAINTENANCE > ADMIN, add configurations for "User Access Control" and "Snapshot URL Authentication" (similar to DCS-932L)[/color]
  • General - When camera is connected to a wired network: automatically disable wireless, release/renew DHCP (and perform the same when wired connection is removed, i.e. search for wireless)
  • Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners]
  • Event Setup - Ability to store more than two events (i.e. 5+)
  • Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images/color]
  • Event Setup - Measure periodic trigger in the Event Setup section in "seconds" rather than "minutes", with the minimum default of 0.5 seconds
  • Event Setup - Under SETUP > EVENT SETUP > RECORDING, increase maximum "Sie of each file for recording" to 1 GB
  • Motion Detection - Ability to select multiple areas
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable PIR via a check box
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Reduce size of motion detection grid squares
  • Motion Detection - Single screen containing a consolidated list of all video motion tracking and PIR motion detection events and single button to enable disable motion detection and PIR
  • Motion Detection - Support for more events (rather than two)
  • SD Card - Add a "Power User" security permission offering entitled users global access to all SD card content (rather than the current approach limiting full SD card access to the admin account, which also includes camera configuration and network settings)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - Option to backup SD card to external storage on a schedule
  • SD Card - When recording is set to the SD card and Motion Detection events are set to SD card, no motion detection events are routed to the SD card, only full live recording
  • SD Card - When recording is disabled and motion detection events are set to SD card, the SD card only received log files, no video (Video will go to SMB, but not the SD card)
  • Security - Add "Power User" security permission to access motion detection logs
  • Sound - Option to disable on-board microphone
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to select 30 fps frame rate
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

Freakapotamus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:24 AM »

Would you please elaborate? I'm not entirely sure what these two features are providing.  :-\

1) The ability to time based Image settings. So you could customise for day and night. If I for example use one of the preset Exposure modes "Moving" which works great during the day but is useless during the night or low light conditions. It currently seems that the best exposure mode to cover both day and night is achieved with a customize profile with the full range of shutter speeds which you would think the Auto profile would do but does not.

2) The ability to trigger multiple actions off 1 event. Currently if I want to take an image and a video  using motion I need to use 2 events with are the same trigger. It would be nice if If I could use 1 event (i.e motion) to trigger both video and images so I could use the other event for something else like PIR.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »

1) The ability to time based Image settings. So you could customise for day and night. If I for example use one of the preset Exposure modes "Moving" which works great during the day but is useless during the night or low light conditions. It currently seems that the best exposure mode to cover both day and night is achieved with a customize profile with the full range of shutter speeds which you would think the Auto profile would do but does not.

2) The ability to trigger multiple actions off 1 event. Currently if I want to take an image and a video  using motion I need to use 2 events with are the same trigger. It would be nice if If I could use 1 event (i.e motion) to trigger both video and images so I could use the other event for something else like PIR.

Added to wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Anti-Flicker Issue - When exposure is set to "Outdoor", changing Anti-Flicker or exposure to customize has no impact (i.e. no whiteout reduction), issue is presented here
  • General - Automatic firmware check and update
  • General - Direct download link to new firmware
  • General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)
  • General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)
  • General - Image Settings - Add preview pane on image setup screen to quickly preview changes
  • General - Live Video - Add Day/Night Mode toggle button
  • General - Maintain support for latest browser versions (i.e. IE 10 support)
  • General - Under MAINTENANCE > ADMIN, add configurations for "User Access Control" and "Snapshot URL Authentication" (similar to DCS-932L)[/color]
  • General - When camera is connected to a wired network: automatically disable wireless, release/renew DHCP (and perform the same when wired connection is removed, i.e. search for wireless)
  • Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners]
  • Event Setup - Ability to store more than two events (i.e. 5+)
  • Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images/color]
  • Event Setup - Measure periodic trigger in the Event Setup section in "seconds" rather than "minutes", with the minimum default of 0.5 seconds
  • Event Setup - Option to trigger multiple actions using one event (e.g. a single event to capture images and video)
  • Event Setup - Under SETUP > EVENT SETUP > RECORDING, increase maximum "Sie of each file for recording" to 1 GB
  • Image Setup - Option to customize different exposure modes for day and night via scheduling
  • Motion Detection - Ability to select multiple areas
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable PIR via a check box
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Reduce size of motion detection grid squares
  • Motion Detection - Single screen containing a consolidated list of all video motion tracking and PIR motion detection events and single button to enable disable motion detection and PIR
  • Motion Detection - Support for more events (rather than two)
  • SD Card - Add a "Power User" security permission offering entitled users global access to all SD card content (rather than the current approach limiting full SD card access to the admin account, which also includes camera configuration and network settings)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - Option to backup SD card to external storage on a schedule
  • SD Card - When recording is set to the SD card and Motion Detection events are set to SD card, no motion detection events are routed to the SD card, only full live recording
  • SD Card - When recording is disabled and motion detection events are set to SD card, the SD card only received log files, no video (Video will go to SMB, but not the SD card)
  • Security - Add "Power User" security permission to access motion detection logs
  • Sound - Option to disable on-board microphone
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to select 30 fps frame rate
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »

I wish for a new firmware update!!!
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »

I wish for a new firmware update!!!

I think that's assumed to always be on the list. . .  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6