• April 19, 2024, 02:19:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to Login for Configuration  (Read 6807 times)

SoCal

Unable to Login for Configuration
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

When I attempt to login to the router using wither IE [ver 7] or Firefox [ver 2] I get the following error msg:
  The page at http://192.168.0.1 says:
  Not all of the needed components have been loaded; this page will refresh

After I click 'ok' the box reappears, again, and again, ...  I have to force close the browser to terminate.

Suggestions?

dfontenot

Re: Unable to Login for Configuration
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »

There may be a security application running that is blocking access to the router's setup.  Try disabling any anti-virus, firewall or anything that may block java script.  Even though Firefox should work, try using Microsoft's IE if you haven't already, you could also try logging in from a different computer.

neb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »

Just for the record, I've had no problem with Firefox 2.

I disagree that a security program is blocking access. If this were the case, you wouldn't see a message about components needing to be loaded (by the router, right?). Also, IE and Firefox would certainly give different "Cannot Connect" responses.

Have you had any further luck with this problem?

Alex Molina

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »

YEah i dont think is a firewall issue unless you have it set up as the highest security level . sometimes is the gui page of the router not responding as it should .

IF your using windows XP try it like this .
1*- reset router for 10 seconds
2*- Try to open page from the run prompt like this http://192.168.0.1 and just click on ok.
That will try to force the page of the router to come on..

IF your using vista try it like this
1*- reset router for 10 seconds.
2*- click on start - click on network - a icon for the router should be listed in there so just right click on it and you will find a option call view web base configuration ..

hope this work for you ..