• April 25, 2024, 03:35:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam 3 cant connect to an ip over internet (DCS-5220)  (Read 6251 times)

meisamstar

• Level 1 Member

hello everybody... please help me...
I have an 5220 ip camera. when i want to add it as a camera to D-ViewCamera 3 by an ip over internet (like 91.98.53.X) with port 80 it's not working and just alert check network setting...

i use my ip and port in browsers and other software, it's perfect..

have you use D-ViewCam 3 by an ip over internet?!!

thanks for your attenetions....

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: D-ViewCam 3 cant connect to an ip over internet (DCS-5220)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »

Have you set the virtual server (or, in some cases port forwarding) up, on your router, to make your IP-cam visible from the outside? It is shown in the documentation how this is set up in general.

D-Viewcam is viewable over the internet, but there again you need to set the virtual server (port forwarding) for the specific (live viewer, remote playback) ports, and activate the network service in D-ViewCam itself, before you are able to view it...

rabidpunk

• Level 1 Member
Re: D-ViewCam 3 cant connect to an ip over internet (DCS-5220)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »

Hi Meisam star

I guess that you are trying to use dview directly... so...
Have you set your ddns in your router?
Have you used your ddns url : port to hook up the cam in dview?

I just did this and it is working for me... what i do not know is what does the LIVE streaming option for?
im able to see the cam from the internet using the ip or the url but tryin to reach the live streaming port is not doing a thing...

Any ideas?

Regards
Rp