• March 28, 2024, 02:55:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.03b01 Comments & Observations  (Read 92533 times)

bohemus

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.03b01 Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

Does this firmware include patches for the following vulnerabilities?

Synopsis: The remote Samba service is vulnerable to a heap overflow attack.

Description
The remote Samba install is ****e to a heap-based buffer overflow attack. 

An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial of service condition.

Solution
Apply patches from the vendor.

See Also
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2012-0870.html
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/security.html

Risk Factor: Critical

CVSS Base Score
10.0 (CVSS2#AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)

CPE
cpe:/a:samba:samba

CVE
CVE-2012-0870

BID

Cross-References
OSVDB:79443

Vulnerability Publication Date: 2012/02/21

Patch Publication Date: 2012/02/21

Plugin Publication Date: 2012/03/13

Plugin Last Modification Date: 2012/03/13

This would seem rather important in my view! On another note, any word on the changelog for this firmware?

Bulles30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 03:03:17 AM »

Hi,

I installed this new FW two days ago and the DNS works fine :
- offline files are proposed now by seven 64 or 32 (pro) and XP 32 (pro),
- no problems with internet acccess to FTP or webfile server by http (SSL or not).
- just noticed that I lost recycle bin for some network shares, but not for all (?).

This FW seems correct.
Old foreign language pack (2.02 french for me) is quite good at 90% so it's not a problem.

I will test network backups of my PCs.

Bye !
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:06:38 AM by Bulles30 »

tash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:57 AM »

D-Llink published beta firmware version 2.03b01: Download FW 2.03b01
Post your comments and observations!  Smiley

Hello,
I have flashed the new beta like 2 days ago. Until now, no issues... The ajaxplorer is still there, I saw somebody saying that is not... Fun_plug is still working, I could telnet on the box and tested transmission as well...
The home interface changed since the favorites are organized by categories... I saw no other major changes, but I'm still playing with... The interface feels faster, but this is just my personal perception.
Regards,
Tash

Bulles30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »

Hello Tash,

I haven't Fun_Plug installed and my DNS is strictly "standard", but I don't have AjaxPlorer after applying the new FW... The corresponding directories still exist but the application is not in the interface anymore.
Anyway, I don't use it  :D but that's strange comparing to your install.

Other point : when displaying directories (with subdirectories) in windows explorer, only the first level appears (just the name of the directory), without "tree" indication. After clicking once, the "tree" indicator appears and remains.

Nothing else at this time.

Regards
(and sorry for my poor english...)

brewster0101

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »

Well for me this update did not go too well. When the NAS boxed restarted it lost the drive - I only got amber lights on my hard drive lights. I ended up having to run the Dlink start up software to reformat the drive.

I copied all my data back into the same folders. The upnp server thinks all the folders are ok, but when I try to find the folders from any upnp network device it fails to find any folders.
So I try to add a new folder from the upnp setup and it fails to find anything but volume_1, won't find any sub folders.

When I came home from work too, the hard drive hibernation seemed to have put the whole unit into hibernation which I had to turn the whole unit off and on again to get working. Windows 7 also refuses to automatically connect the to NAS box unless I go into explorer and open it - although I had this problem before.

sdp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »

Gone 2.02 => 2.03b01
No problem for me.
BTW afterwords I installed Fonz fun_plug and Twonky media server without any problem....

brewster0101

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 04:27:27 AM »

The upnp server is alot slower to update its media list. I have to wait 5 minutes after copying something new to it before I can pick it up on another device.... I am going to try to roll back.

vhabart

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »

Hi,

iTunes Server works for music, but not for Movies yet.

best regards

nmcar

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »

Hi all!

I have updated to fw 2.03b1 (from 2.0) and everything is fine so far.

More importantly, this update solved a video stuttering issue I had been experiencing when I streamed videos from Windows network shares to my WDTV. I had no way of fixing that problem and updating to this fw automatically fixed it!!  At least, so far, I had been watching movies without stuttering or freezing.

The only downside I found is that my P2P folder is no longer visible. I had configured the included torrent client to download the files in Volume 2 and now I cannot see it. I tried to solve it by mapping the folder to the Windows 7 explorer, but every time I want to move a downloaded file, it takes ages to be transferred to other drive.

Is there any way of turning this to the way it was with fw 2.0?

Thank you.

brewster0101

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »

The upnp server is alot slower to update its media list. I have to wait 5 minutes after copying something new to it before I can pick it up on another device.... I am going to try to roll back.

I can confirm you can now roll back to older firmware's with no issues. Although I seem to be having a few problems, I am now wondering if my NAS unit is a little faulty.

Heimdall

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »

Installed the new firmware last week. (straight from 2.00 --> 2.03). No issues yet. I tried to make the upgrade without the HDDs (so nothing could get corrupted) but it seems that the NAS needs at least one HDD to store the firmware temporarily (the upgrade would hang on 0% forever).

I'm still facing the same problem as before the upgrade though, which is accessing the web file server with non-full privileges.

Example:

I create another account called "visitor" (or whatever). I give him/her R or R/W access to one shared folder. When accessing the web file server, the user sees nothing listed. If I give him full access to everything, then...well...everything is listed. If I remove even one folder from permissions, nothing is seen (For example: If I remove Volume_1\Folder\Subfolder\subfolder2 from permissions).

Anybody else having this issue?

Haven't tried factory reset after updrage yet... maybe gonna try that.

Edit:

Okay, just noticed that copying files through windows explorer doesn't work anymore (at least not in every file transfer). Copying goes fine, but when you look at the target file, it's 0kb and obviously doesn't work.

Copying through Web file server just hangs forever until it gives user timeout and asks to login again. Altough it seems to still transfer the file (correct filesize and files work).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:31:56 AM by Heimdall »

lfulop

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

I have installed 2.02 and Time Machine stopped working from a Mac OS X 10.5.8. I think because Apple changed something in Lion's TM so D-Link adjusted the software for that. I'd like to know if this beta qorks with Leopard? If anyone uses it...
Thanks!

franksetank

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »

I have installed 2.02 and Time Machine stopped working from a Mac OS X 10.5.8. I think because Apple changed something in Lion's TM so D-Link adjusted the software for that. I'd like to know if this beta qorks with Leopard? If anyone uses it...
Thanks!

time machine stopped working here also, maybe it is the latest update?
now on this:
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

crislax

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »

I can confirm you can now roll back to older firmware's with no issues. Although I seem to be having a few problems, I am now wondering if my NAS unit is a little faulty.

You shouldn't say that you can roll back to older firmware without qualification -
Cannot roll back to 2.00 -
Fails for me.
And both 2.02 and 2.03 have huge serious flaw that make device unusable in a real environment (data corruption / 0 file size - data integrity issue!)
You can roll back to 2.02 - but not to original shipping firmware.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:46:37 PM by crislax »

fishs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

I was having DLNA problems so I upgraded to 2.02 firmware.  The DLNA problems were still there but after the upgrade I could no longer browse the file server on Snow Leopard.  Since I couldn't roll back the firmware I tried this 2.03 beta firmware and still cannot use this machine with Snow Leopard  :(

Was considering throwing the thing away and getting a ReadyNas Duo as its now useless since it wont work with my Mac even though its supposed to be running Samba.  But then I read that the ReadyNas has similar problems with OS X 10.6.  Am currently looking at replacing the unit with a LinkStation Buffalo.  In the meantime, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place sitting in wait for new firmware while my device sits there like a stupid black brick. 

I'm just about throwing in the towel with NAS between PC and Mac, its just a too hard basket not worth the effort.  I've invested money in the NAS and disks and it adds up to be a pretty expensive exercise for hit and miss consumer hardware.  I'm really not going to waste more money upgrading to Mountain Lion just in the off case that it "might" work.

It would make life so much easier if you could simply roll back firmware rather than roll the dice.  ???
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:51:26 PM by fishs »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7