• April 18, 2024, 11:48:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't access web admin page of the NAS  (Read 10189 times)

liammaps2010

• Level 2 Member
Re: Can't access web admin page of the NAS
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »

Question:  Is the unit completely dead, or do you still have access to the files?

I assumed since you didn't say it was dead that you still had file access.  If that is indeed the case, one other thing you can try is to reset the unit to factory defaults and reconfigure manually, don't read in a saved configuration.  That cures many ills with this box.

I have access to the NAS on my network and remotely. I just can't access the web login for admin of the NAS.

liammaps2010

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:38:44 PM »

I had the same issue where I could not log in to the admin page, it would cycle back to the login even though correct credentials were entered. Removing and replacing the BT client solved it for me. I now run the box for months at a time without restarting and I can access the admin options.

I don't use BT.

liammaps2010

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »

Or just assign static IP addresses to your devices including the NAS.

I am on a static IP.

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 03:54:51 AM »

what do you get when you enter the IP address of the DNS-323 in your web browser ?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »

Did you try restoring to factory defaults and reconfiguring?  How about removing any add-ons as a test?  I'll bet one of those measures will restore normal operation, because there are tons of people running the plain DNS-323 with that firmware.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

tentimes

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »

What happens if you ping it? If it pings ok then why not SSH to it and have a look about if you know some linux? Install funplug and get SSH setup then type 'top' once you are logged in as root - that will give a readout of what's running, cut and paste it here and I'll have a look.

For more info on that I have the links in my guide for installing 4k sector drives here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=14484.0

Oh, and have you tried (when it fails) booting up a different browser and trying with that?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:58:37 AM by tentimes »

liammaps2010

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »

Did you try restoring to factory defaults and reconfiguring?  How about removing any add-ons as a test?  I'll bet one of those measures will restore normal operation, because there are tons of people running the plain DNS-323 with that firmware.

John, what are add-ons?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 05:19:25 AM »

Add-ons are things like BitTorrent, NFS, SharePort, and no-ip.DDNS, Firefly, etc.  They're applications you can install to expand the capability.  If you haven't installed any of these, I'd try simply resetting to factory defaults and see if that resolves the issue.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.
Pages: 1 [2]