• March 28, 2024, 11:54:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dual Intel Nic  (Read 10877 times)

aadder

• Level 1 Member
Dual Intel Nic
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:10:48 AM »

Trying to figure out how to get the DGS-1224T let my dual port intel server nic to do Static Link Aggregation.  Everytime I team the two ports together and do test the switch.  The nic says "The team type requires port aggregation on the switch, but the switch is not configured for port aggregation."

How do you configure the DGS-1224T properly to let me do this?

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: Dual Intel Nic
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:37 AM »

Static link aggregation tends to be highly manufacturer specific.  IEEE 802.3ad LACP is the cross vendor standard that I believe your card is trying to use.  Unfortunately the DGS-1224T does not support IEEE 802.3ad LACP.
non progredi est regredi

cjb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »

I based my home network on your DGS-1224T switch because it's an industrial quality switch with an enterprise-level feature set. I have two multimedia systems connected to my LAN, and each comes standard with two on-board Gigabit NICs. Are you saying it's not possible to experience dual NICs in their full glory - because support for the IEEE 802.3ad LCAP Standard is not part of the DGS-1224T's feature set?

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »

A web smart switch (such as the DGS-1224T) doesn't have anything remotely like an enterprise level feature set.  It has a SMB feature set for edge connectivity.  I wouldn't use a web smart switch in an enterprise network, period.  As for industrial quality, I would question what exactly that means and where you got that information.

The feature list for this switch clearly states

Static Port Trunk (Link Aggregation): up to 6 groups per device, up to 8 ports per group

There are 10 different IEEE numbers listed in the quick specs for this product on http://support.dlink.com and IEEE 802.3ad is not one of them.  So, no, this switch does not support IEEE 802.3ad.

For help in selecting product in the future you can speak with our pre-sales team at 1 800 326 1688 ext. 5434, they can advise you as to the feature set of any given product as well as the requirements of your environment.
non progredi est regredi