• March 28, 2024, 09:59:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera wont connect to any wifi  (Read 4998 times)

zinob

• Level 1 Member
Camera wont connect to any wifi
« on: March 17, 2015, 02:47:20 PM »

My newly purchased DSC-5020L wont connect to any wifi-network, what so ever. I have tried with 3 different APs, both with and without WPS, and even one without password, but to no avail.

The WPS negotiation seems to work OK according to the diagnostic output from the access point, but after that it doesn't even seem to attempt to connect as far as pcap on the APs WiFi interface concerns (although I don't have a hardware wi-fi sniffer handy so I cant check what it actually does).

What I do notice is that the site-survey page does not load completely. It ends with abruptly in mid HTML-tag, suggesting a firmware problem causing the underlying CGI to crash.

I have tried the firmware versions what-ever-the-camera-came-with, 1.04.03, 1.05.b8 and lastly the beta 1.06.01 but to no avail.

The last part of the /aplist.htm page that loads is:
Code: [Select]
<tr><td><input type=radio name="SSIDSelection" value="1" onclick="SetValue('[REDACTED]',1,1,4)"></td><td>[REDACTED]</td><td>[RE DA CT ED]</td><td>1</td><td>WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK</td><td>96</td></tr>
              <tr><td><input type=radio name="SSIDSelection" value="2" onclick="SetValue(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:55:40 PM by zinob »

malakhi

• Level 1 Member
Re: Camera wont connect to any wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »

I have the same issue.  I broke down and connected it to a network cable.  Now that it is working, motion detection sends an image in an email every 5 minutes even though there is no motion.  I notice that every time I go to hook up this camera, its a minimum 2 hour job.  Add more time if you're trying to connect it to wifi.  This camera came out in 2013 I gather... over 2 years and they still require regular firmware updates... that should speak volumes.  When I bought this I reminisced to older dlink products I purchased, I thought that maybe they have improved... was I wrong.  I will be steering clear of D-Link for another 10 years +

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Camera wont connect to any wifi
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:34:18 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
If you temporarily disable WPA on the router, will the camera connect wirelessly then? Re-enable WPA after testing.

I have the same issue.  I broke down and connected it to a network cable.  Now that it is working, motion detection sends an image in an email every 5 minutes even though there is no motion.  I notice that every time I go to hook up this camera, its a minimum 2 hour job.  Add more time if you're trying to connect it to wifi.  This camera came out in 2013 I gather... over 2 years and they still require regular firmware updates... that should speak volumes.  When I bought this I reminisced to older dlink products I purchased, I thought that maybe they have improved... was I wrong.  I will be steering clear of D-Link for another 10 years +
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.