• April 25, 2024, 07:49:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: bridge not working with wireless-N  (Read 3005 times)

Nushi

• Level 1 Member
bridge not working with wireless-N
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »

Hello,

I am using the DAP-1522 in my living room as a wireless bridge to connect my Xbox 360, Blu-Ray player and TV to the internet. The wireless-N access point is a D-Link DIR-635 and is working in mixed bgn mode.
The bridge sort of works when using WPA security on the access point. Signal strength is very good, yet web or LAN access is extremely slow. Turning off WPA and making the WLAN network open, the bridge gets no connection at all.

Switching the DIR-635 to wireless G only solves the problem when it comes to web access. Downloads come to my Xbox at the best speed my DSL can serve. However, wireless-G does not serve the purpose of streaming media to the xbox from a network hard drive connected to the DIR-635. Nor does it serve the purpose of other computers connecting to the network hard drive wirelessly, as 54Mbps is simply not enough...

Is this the fault of the DAP-1522 or the DIR-635? How is bridging wireless-N any more difficult than bridging wireless-G?