• March 28, 2024, 02:22:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406545 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

• mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - User password length too short
  • General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Add control for user language
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:50:12 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

• General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:59:42 PM by JavaLawyer »

TD99

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-930L Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

I will  put this on the top of the list:

•Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule

My use case: I want to monitor my home while the kids are at school, so that they return to safe home.

The user define schedule in my case is M-F from 9 AM to 3 PM and don't want to be flooded with motion detection e-mail alerts at other times, when we are home.

Yep, that's been my #1 gripe since Day 1!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:20:36 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 06:19:55 AM »

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:22:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »

• FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »

• FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »

Security:  Allow userid for the DCS-930L be defined as a "view only" level, that is can not view or modify settings.

This would be nice also for the MyDLink site but that is not a firmware issue......RDK

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

Security:  Allow userid for the DCS-930L be defined as a "view only" level, that is can not view or modify settings.

This would be nice also for the MyDLink site but that is not a firmware issue......RDK

This item was previously added to the mydlink wishlist (i.e. request for a guest account with no access to the DCS-XXX settings)

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »

JavaLawyer.....OK for the DLink web site.  However, I was requesting a "view video only" account on the DLink Camera itself.  They allow for setting up accounts, but those accounts are "all powerful", I'd like an option for a "view video only" type so local users could view the camera video but not be able to mess with the settings.......RDK

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 05:10:24 AM »

JavaLawyer.....OK for the DLink web site.  However, I was requesting a "view video only" account on the DLink Camera itself.  They allow for setting up accounts, but those accounts are "all powerful", I'd like an option for a "view video only" type so local users could view the camera video but not be able to mess with the settings.......RDK

Added. . . .

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 05:12:34 AM »

• General - Ability to add accounts without administrative access to camera settings or web interface (i.e. view only account)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity

wadebear

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-930L Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »

I will  put this on the top of the list:

•Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule

My use case: I want to monitor my home while the kids are at school, so that they return to safe home.

The user define schedule in my case is M-F from 9 AM to 3 PM and don't want to be flooded with motion detection e-mail alerts at other times, when we are home.

I concur for both email and ftp.  I'm putting our camera at our campground which is only open weekends and don't want to have to remember to turn it on and off.

indothai

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »

Not sure how to categorize this:

For the FTP option, Image frequency 1 sec, File Date/Time suffix, create subfolder by 1 day.  This would create a very large folder size.  Even large multiple folders over an extended period of time.

- Request an option to delete previous folder?  or keep only 24 hours of xx hours then overwrite older files?

DCS-930L three units
DCS-932L
DCS-5222L
DCS-5020L
DNS-323 (v1.09) [replaced with DS1512+]
DNS-320 (v2.00) [in storage]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:14 AM »

Not sure how to categorize this:

For the FTP option, Image frequency 1 sec, File Date/Time suffix, create subfolder by 1 day.  This would create a very large folder size.  Even large multiple folders over an extended period of time.

- Request an option to delete previous folder?  or keep only 24 hours of xx hours then overwrite older files?

Added...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11