• March 28, 2024, 03:57:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Has anyone managed to make one work on a 64 bit Windows 7 virtual machine?  (Read 25636 times)

wbrowning3

• Level 1 Member

I'd read most of the posts on the board and tried to give it a go.
I"m a windows pro 7 64bit user and rely on my DPH-50u, so I've been trying to get it to run on a Virtual Machine or in XP Mode. While both Skype and the 50u install software wise and you 'attach' the USB 'communication device' the 50u types as (you even get the little blue phone icon for the 50u once you 'attach'), sadly that's as far as I've been able to get with it. It all seems ok but the 50u doesn't seem to respond to commands from the virtual machine. Skype on the VM reports it 'can't access the sound card' if it's pointed at the 50u, so there's some disconnect between the VM and the 50u somewhere.
The 50u also is unresponsive to commands from the handset plugged into it, refusing to switch modes, click, or even attempt to make calls.

I don't want to have to make a dedicated XP system just to run the 50u, not when it seems it's so close to functionality. Anyone been able to take it farther than I have?

Regards all,
William

wbrowning3

• Level 1 Member

Right. Ok. I've totally crossed the line for 'how important is this really'.

I'm picking up an old Dell with XP on it for 100$ and it can be my dedicated 'phone' computer.

There. Problem solved.

wewSoonaLof

• Level 1 Member
  • http://bleedinghemorrhoids004.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/bleeding-hemorrhoids/ - hemorrhoid treatment during pregnancy http://treatmentforhemorrhoids10.blogspot.com/2011/08/treatment-for-hemorrhoids.html - hemorrhoid laser treatment
    • hemorrhoid home remedy treatment
hemorrhoid home remedy treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:51:35 AM »

Thanks a lot