• March 28, 2024, 02:46:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-520 HDMI Sound level too low or no sound  (Read 7642 times)

ricky_kt

DSM-520 HDMI Sound level too low or no sound
« on: December 23, 2007, 12:54:37 AM »

Several files record on Sony Digital camera play correctly through RCA connection.  However through HDMI connection, video are shown but now sound.  Also VOB files play thru HDMI connection, sounds are lower than the RCA connection.

I tried re-code those files with Nero Recode but DSM-520 does not support them.

Does anyone has the same problem or I got a defective machine.

Thanks
Ricky

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
Re: DSM-520 HDMI Sound level too low or no sound
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »

I came across a similar issue when playing video files through HDMI.  I had to turn the sound up on my receiver much higher than normal (as compared to listening to cable, DVD, etc).  What I did was turn the volume up on the DSM-520 unit itself using the remote control - it was only at 50%.  Can't say that this is the same issue when using RCA or other inputs besides HDMI on the DSM-520, but you might want to give it a try to see if it helps.

ricky_kt

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »

Thanks.  It does help with VOB files.  But the same files have sound with RCA cable still have no sound in HDMI connection.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:27:26 PM by ricky_kt »

Willobee

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 08:55:11 PM »

What file format is the Sony digital camera files using? If VOB files have sound then try converting you digital camera files to VOB or MPEG-2. Both of these formats are similar in the way they code sound.

ricky_kt

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

Sony Camera records in MPG format...therefore, it has sound playing thru RCA connection but not thru HDMI.  I could recode it to play with sound thru HDMI connection.  However, that is very time consuming and more importantly why would same Sony file but one with sound thru RCA connection but not thru HDMI connection ?  I am just puzzled.

Thanks for your response

ricky_kt

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »

After e-mail back and forth with D-Link tech support, they concluded that my receiver, which is Sony XBR 46" LCD television, does not support the signal being sent to by DSM-520 HDMI connection.  I am still not satifisfied with the solution.  Any further advices are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ricky

Willobee

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 07:44:29 AM »

I have the same problem with my Sony 50" grand wega LCD with no sound on HDMI port. Sony makes a great product but for some reason they always do things a little different which makes it diffcult to use non Sony products with them.

jmalves

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

I have the same problem with my 46" Samsung TV series 5 - Full HDTV.
The sound for mpeg files just come out thru RCA connections.
I am surprised that Dlink has not offered a technical solution for this issue yet!!! It is not accetable as I chose a HDMI Media Player and paid more for that with no use of this feature. Dlink should be more careful with its customers.