• March 28, 2024, 02:04:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: need certificate to connect?  (Read 7051 times)

dwl99

• Level 1 Member
need certificate to connect?
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »

whenever I try to connect my pda (which supports 802.11b WPA-PSK) the connection fails because the pda reports that a certificate is required. I can successfully connect the pda to an 802.11b homeplug wireless adapter which also uses WPA-PSK. Is there anything I can change in the router settings to allow connection for my pda? I have the B2 router with the latest firmware.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 04:35:03 AM by dwl99 »

MasterChiefDutra

Re: need certificate to connect?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »

This particular router has a feature called WI-FI protected setup, this feature is located under the advanced tab of the DIR series router and should be disabled in order to work with your PDA, if this does not work please let me know I a few other options for you as well.

dwl99

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »

Thanks, I just tried this & still the same problem :-(

Alex Molina

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

On your router change the wireless mode from N to B and G some pda devices are not compatible with it and make sure the channel on router is under channel 6 , also please make sure the wireless mode is under infrastructure as well .

If this does not work any better please reply.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:19:01 AM »

I've encountered this when I was setting up my own router.  Turned out that my PC did not have Microsoft's WPA2 update.  Once this WPA2 update completed, that warning disappears.

Look for it here:    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357

dwl99

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »

On your router change the wireless mode from N to B and G some pda devices are not compatible with it and make sure the channel on router is under channel 6 , also please make sure the wireless mode is under infrastructure as well .

If this does not work any better please reply.

Thanks, I just tried that (except I couldn't find any setting to change it to infrastructure mode) & still no joy.

dwl99

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »

I've encountered this when I was setting up my own router.  Turned out that my PC did not have Microsoft's WPA2 update.  Once this WPA2 update completed, that warning disappears.

Look for it here:    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357

Thanks but my system already has this update as part of a service pack.