• April 24, 2024, 11:11:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Scheduled Reboot Option?  (Read 6221 times)

yatz

Scheduled Reboot Option?
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »

I have my DD-WRT Belkin setup to reboot once a week (4am friday).  Is there any way to set DIR-655 to reboot once a week?

JHK

• Level 3 Member
Re: Scheduled Reboot Option?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »

Is there a particular reason which you need the DIR-655 to be rebooted by its schedule? If you have an issue using the DIR-655, please answer the following relevent questions.

What hardware revision and firmware revision are you using?
What is the problem that you are having?
Who is your internet service provider?
How many computers are in your home?  How many are wired, and how many are wireless?
Life is cool! :)

Rara Avis

• Imperator
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »

Prolly just as a maintenance item to keep those dusty old blocks which were never free()'ed clear.  Least thats why I tend to want to reboot my various electronic devices regularly.  Not all programmers do dual entry memory keeping (nor is it always appropriate).  And before it can be mentioned, Garbage Collectors never collect themselves either (which goes to show what I think of them).
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. - Seneca
There has never been a great genius without a element of madness.

fullstrength

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »

I think this is a great idea, i have a config change set for monday. But for some reason a forced reboot is always needed (unplug). What would be additionally good, would be a smart reboot option, where the system auto reboots on its own.

mb

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »

I have my DD-WRT Belkin setup to reboot once a week (4am friday).  Is there any way to set DIR-655 to reboot once a week?
I've had the DIR655 for close to year and it just runs and runs. The only time I've ever rebooted it is after a firmware change.

JHK

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »

There is only a Manually Reboot The Device option under the System Settings on this router. The Schedule configuration option is only to used to manage schedule rules for various firewall and parental control features.

When this router is feasible to stand by every day without any problems, not worrying about its resource gets eat up if you do not reboot it periodically, I guess there is no reason for anyone to flush the device's memory regularly.
Life is cool! :)