• April 26, 2024, 02:04:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My 2nd DGL 4500 router still reboots every minute with virtual server engaged  (Read 6863 times)

Maui

• Level 1 Member

Upgraded DIR-655 dLink router to the DGL-4500 because of dropping VOI calls.  Now with the new router (2nd box to try, same problem with both) it reboots every minute when using either LAN or wireless cards (both are dLink). Spent all weekend trying to resolve, determined that problem can be isolated to when the virtual server is engaged.  I use virtual server for remote webcam (qty 6) and 2 nasboxes (dLink), and a home seeker box (not dLink).  Have tried disengaging MAC filtering but no change.  Have tried testing with only 1 virtual server address in the file (normally my file has approx 24 loaded), and as soon as I engage any of them, the router starts rebooting again and I have to reset the router to factory settings and it will run without rebooting if no virtual server addresses are engaged.  I have the latest firmware installed (1.02).  Even with the PCs turned off, the router reboots if there is 1 or multiple virtual server addresses engaged.  I also have the Game Engine disabled.

Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Maui

• Level 1 Member

PROBLEM Resolve: I defined all my Virtual Server List  under Gaming (Port Forwarding). So it looks like Dlink needs to update the software(firmware) going out no problem . If you have the source code send it to me and I'll fix the problem

Thanks

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member

Are you familiar with packet captures? I'd like to see the captire of the router when you were running the rule in VS.

Maui

• Level 1 Member

Lycan,

Thanks for the update. Regarding your question: "Are you familiar with packet captures?"  Yes we use Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer in our Engineering lab, so when I get some time I'll see if I can get a captire of the router when I'm  running the rule in VS.

Thanks

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member

That would be perfect. Use wireshark, it's more updated the ethereal.

Maui

• Level 1 Member

Great News the new Beta Code V102MSBeta.bin  at the ftp suite     ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dgl4500/firmware/DGL4500A1_V102MSBeta.bin[/b][/glow]   resolved both my VS and Mac filter problem.

Thanks

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member

Awsome. M$ saves the day again. (just joking, seriously)