• March 28, 2024, 05:10:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FAQ - DNS-320/325 - Recycle Bin Option  (Read 6642 times)

Jack Ryan

• Level 2 Member
FAQ - DNS-320/325 - Recycle Bin Option
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »

A correction to this FAQ entry:

the line:
Navigate to Applications > Account Management > Network Shares

should be:
Navigate to Management > Account Management > Network Shares

Also, in addition to deleted files appearing in the recycle bin, added files appear there as well. Not a copy of the file but the file name appears there with a zero length file. I haven't looked to see what happens with modified files - perhaps there is a unix style revision number added.

Jack

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: FAQ - DNS-320/325 - Recycle Bin Option
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

Thanks for pointing out the path typo in the Recycle Bin FAQ. I've updated the post accordingly.

In the spirit of keeping things simple, I'm sticking to the core/basic functionality of the recycle bin without addressing any exceptions (like those you've pointed out).

Thanks!
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bill945

• Level 1 Member
Recycle Bin Option not working on my DNS 320
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

7/20/12

Hello!

I just bought a DNS 320 and am having a problem with the Recycle Bin option.

When I delete a file it doesn't give me any option other than to permanently delete it.  What I want is for the file to be placed in the network recycle bin.

I've followed the directions per the 320 manual and web UI:

1) I enabled the recycle bin under Network Shares using the web UI

2) I then mapped the recycle bin to drive Z using the DLink 320 Storage utility that came with the CD.

When I delete a file, the file doesn't go to the Z drive but rather is permanently deleted (recycle bin "Z" drive is empty).

I also checked the recycle_bin folder in Ajaxpf folder of the drive that houses the file that deleted and nothing is there.

What should I do next?

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

KnightPaladin

• Level 1 Member
Re: FAQ - DNS-320/325 - Recycle Bin Option
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 05:26:43 PM »

Hi,

Just wanted to add to community by answering this if someone still uses DLink 320 or 325 like me. To solve this:

If your space is not removing still while deleting files on NAS that means you have recycle bin activated do the follwoing:

1. Do not go to your NAS server software you will not find recycle bin there
2. Do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

In case you turned off the recycle bin option and now deleted files are no longer taking space but the taken space from before is still not cleared:

1. You need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and check box that says recycle bin
2. Next do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

If any issue like some strange thing asking to delete or not the files or files stuck not visible or anything else occurs repeat the process of removing and adding recycle bin in Network Shares within NAS software until it appear in your File Explorer in Windows
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 05:29:33 PM by KnightPaladin »