• April 19, 2024, 04:01:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Another possible solution to wireless restarts and signal drops : HDMI  (Read 4033 times)

frumpy_uk

• Level 1 Member

Guys
I thought I'd share with you the solution that worked for me : I found that a cheap HDMI cable was the source of my frequent (30-40 times daily) wireless restarts.

If your router lives near a HDMI cable, you might want to experiment by disconnecting the HDMI (and taking it a long way away if you're superstitious!) and then monitoring your connection.

I replaced my cheap HDMI cable and I no longer see frequent restarts (although I still get one or two every couple of days).

(If you're wondering, my PC is connected by ethernet to my router and by HDMI to my TV - it's my media centre)

I hope that helps someone - it took me 3 full days of researching and trial and error to isolate the issue with mine.

Like others here, I must say that the old and cheap linksys WRT54 I swapped in temporarily while experimenting was not affected by this HDMI cable.

I also note that both the DIR-655 and the linksys are unaffected by the two DECT base units that are located very close by.

cheers
Paul

frumpy_uk

• Level 1 Member

Upsettingly, given the amount of time I invested in making this router work, my wireless restarts have come back.

I am returning the unit to the retailer for a refund.

As before, my old Linksys is rock solid.

So long D Link