• April 23, 2024, 06:31:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UPnP w/ Radio  (Read 2033 times)

Terra3

• Level 1 Member
UPnP w/ Radio
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »

Using a Sangean WFR-20 internet radio with this router (Ver. 1.21, A4).  Setup and performance with the network re: reception of internet radio easy and no issues since install.  Recently thought to use the UPnP media server feature i.e. connect to WMP or foobar as media servers to access music files on my computer.  Ensured UPnP was selected in the router config and all seemed good.  However, neither UPnP nor Shares works.  Shares sees my PC, identifies the shared music folder, but doesn't present the files (stops and I believe that is simply a function of a max number of files allowed . . . checking almost as we 'speak').  But the UPnP does not see any PC nor media server.

Not completely naive, but not tech savvy in all aspects of networking.  Have set up a rather finicky Squeezenetwork to perform well.   But this just baffles me.

Appreciate any help with this, or at least a redirection to some further information regarding the issue.

Terra3

• Level 1 Member
Re: UPnP w/ Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »

A timely update on my original thread . . .

Don't understand why, but suddenly the Shared feature works. Directory was scanned and files play. But still no change to the UPnP (my preferred option for doing this). Only selection available when I enter UPnP Server on the radio is "BACK".