• March 29, 2024, 07:36:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-825L & Synology DS: Surveillance station  (Read 6938 times)

Hendrykes

• Level 1 Member
DCS-825L & Synology DS: Surveillance station
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:14:25 PM »

Before i buy a Synology Disk Station, i want to know if their app works for DCS-825L. Their site doesnt list it, but i found other apps where it was not listed but working anyway... is it the case with this as well?

Does the recording/viewing of the videostream of DCS-825L work on Synology Disk Station's app: Surveillance station?

I hope anyone can help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance!

timeskilsson

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-825L & Synology DS: Surveillance station
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »

Hi, I have been trying to put it into my Synology Surveillance Station without succeeding fully.

There is plenty D-lInk cams to choose from but no DCS-825L. see here: https://www.synology.com/sv-se/compatibility/camera?brand=D-Link&max_resolution=all&ptz=all&dsm=all&device_type=all&multiple_stream=all&audio=all&alarm=all
I have tried a bunch of those listed in the Synology Surveillance Station. I can connect to the camera by choosing the DCS-942L cam but as soon as pressing okay and going back to all the cameras overview page it says interrupted.
Another problem with trying to use the DCS-942L cam is that it only supports 640x480 res.
If anyone know of any cam that is used for the BabyCam DCS-825L that we could use with the Synology Surveillance Station please let us know.

I recommend to "suggest" the DCS-825L to the Synology team here: https://www.synology.com/sv-se/form/camera

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:35:37 AM by timeskilsson »

mcdermottrick

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-825L & Synology DS: Surveillance station
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 07:21:51 AM »

Hi I found out how to make it work :)
user defined as camera
video/mjpg.cgi  as the source path

username : admin
 password: whatever  you defined when setting up