• April 19, 2024, 12:37:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Poor singal strength upstairs  (Read 2714 times)

grhm_duke

• Level 1 Member
Poor singal strength upstairs
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »

Hi,

My Sitecom gaming router died recently and I replaced it with the DIR-855 high end router expecting more money == better performance. Guess I was wrong. I can barely get a signal upstairs never mind stream  video's from my NAS. I even bought ANT24-0700 D-Link Antenna but it makes *no* difference, total waste of €75!

I had upgraded to 1.21NA but changed to 1.21EUB01 when I discovered that NA meant North America.. still no improvement.

I also noticed that the error rate is over 10% and I'm only a few feet and with line of sight.. wtf??

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm using wireless g usually one machine at a time no encryption, just MAC filtering. Stability seems okay but I will monitor more closely after reading this forum..

And it is possible to change from NA firmware to EU firmware and to downgrade.. read this post, it worked for me.. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13373.0

//Graham..

pdxrealtor

• Level 1 Member
Re: Poor singal strength upstairs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »

Interesting I read this... I just moved my office upstairs and had immediate signal issues. I've picked up wireless signals from the neighbors before.

Just got a DAP-1360 and am back up and running with 60+ signal strength.

I figured it was something in our house that was done during the remodel (pretty extensive remodel). Maybe it is just the 855?

In any event, I realized after I rushed out and bought the DAP-1360 that it would only work on the 2.4 ghz spectrum. So I have to return it for the DAP-2553, since I also have the NAS and wireless movie streaming throughout the house.

I know this isn't much help, but I thought I'd share anyways....

Good luck