• April 16, 2024, 02:54:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't join domain - Failed  (Read 7088 times)

kpr

• Level 1 Member
Can't join domain - Failed
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »

Joining the domain produces a 'Failed' message.

In the event logs of the Domain Controller I can witness an authentication failure - Event ID: 675 with a Failure Code of 0x19.

The admin account I'm using to join the NAS to the domain is valid.  If not, many applications within our domain would stop working.  I'm very familiar with the account I'm using and it is a valid one.  I've even tried a different admin equivalent account and received the same error both on the NAS and the event viewer.

The "Real Name" is accurate - our full domain.

I've tried different DCs (AD Server Names).

"Workgroup" is a mandatory entry.  Not certain why it wants a "Workgroup" to join a domain.  I entered "Workgroup"

Domain is Windows 2008.

Hope someone can help
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:28:40 PM by kpr »

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
Re: Can't join domain - Failed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »

Have a read through this thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8237.0

There are a few others threads open on this as well; a quick search should bring them up.

HTH,

kpr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

Thanks for the reply.
I don't read anything in http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8237.0 that assist in getting the DNS-343 to join the domain.  I did search unsuccessfully through all 14 pages on this forum for a domain issue.

I've ruled out the following:
- the time difference between the NAS and the domain.
- the add on 'ADS' is installed and running.

Not certain what to try next.
I keep repeating the attempt to join the domain hoping for different results.

Regards.

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

Unfortunately we don't support 2008 yet. We are working on it =\.

Here's the relevant point from the thread regarding 2008 A/D ... the remainder of the thread discusses the fact this ADS 1.0 is still partially broken.

A quick Advance Search using the keywords "343 active directory" will yield a few other posts regarding the DNS-343 and Active Directory integration.

HTH,

jno

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »

Sorry to reignite a thread from 2009 but I find I really should..

I am suffering from what sounds like the same problem as the OP, and it is now the end of June, 2011...

The only difference between myself and him is that my AD server is STILL 2003 rather than 2008... (which was apparently the problem when this thread opened due to the DNS not being ready to support 2008).   So If I had 2008 I imagine that DNS would now support it anyway.

With that aside I can expand on the issue.  The DNS 343 has always been on a workgroup but we decided to try it with AD after implementing the new firmware upgrade 1.04...   Did that and installed the ADS 1.01.  When setting up the device for AD I put in an active user account, DNS servers are automatically displayed, Host name has been chosen, Workgroup is the domain being used (don't know why it still asks for a workgroup), FQDN is inserted in realm name, and finally the AD server name is inserted in the corresponding field.  When choosing to "save settings" (or "Finish" if doing it through the wizard) I get the following message:
***IP Address of server hosting D-Link web client***
Failed.

I am certain the user is fine as I deliberately put a false one in the field and it tells me:  "Client not found in Kerberos database."

ANY help is appreciated but please don't try and redirect me somewhere else like I see as a failing fashion here; just say whether you know if there is or isn't a fix.

Many thanks in advance!