• March 28, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't login to DLINK Router.  (Read 85566 times)

Pepse

• Level 1 Member
Can't login to DLINK Router.
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:39:40 AM »

This seems to be a common problem with these Dlinks.  But, like a lot of people when I go to my router via http://dlinkrouter and try to login it says "invalid password"  And yes I am leaving the "Password" line blank.  I need to get my BSSID to get my Linux laptop going WIFI.  I have also tried the http://192.168.0.1 and I have the same problem.  Any ideas??

Pepse.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can't login to DLINK Router.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »

What browser are you using? If IE 8 or 9 try enabling compatibility mode in the browser. Try a different browser like Opera or FF.

Ensure you are connected to the router and you have an active connection.
Logging into the router isn't a common problem.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »

Make sure you press the actual Log In button, in the past there was an issue when just hitting enter on that page.  Not sure if that was ever resolved.

Pepse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I am using FF 3.6.24.  I am not a fan of exploder.  I primarily use Linux but have this Dlink stuff on a Win 7 Ult hdd.

As for the connection. Should be good as my wife has a new HP laptop and my neighbor at about 70 feet away has a Dlink USB stick aimed at our place.

And I am making sure I click the "login" button.  I had read about that issue when searching here for answers.

If you are alluding to a different browser I have Sea Monkey and Chrome.  I will try them after I finish this reply.

Pepse.

Hard Harry

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »

Sounds like your password is invalid? ::grin::

Seriously though, start by checking that your pressing login instead of hitting enter. Enter, with some browser, puts a carrage return in the password field, invalidating the attempt. If that doesn't work, I would try factory resetting it. Hopefully you have a config file saved of the settings.

Pepse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »

I tried Sea Monkey and Chrome, no luck.  About 3 months ago I had issues with this router and I called our ISP help line for assistance and we changed the log-in name and password.  So, that might be the problem. 

Pepse.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »

You can't change the login name on the router. its always admin to make changes to the router or user to see the settings only.

Hard Harry

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »

Yea, I think you might be confused. There is not way your ISP can change the password either for it. The password can only be changed inside the router inferface. If its not working, most likly you either forgot the password, or your not typing it in correctly. Could be a issue where it didn't save the password correctly, but that is unlikly. Eitherway, your onlu recourse (other then the previous suggestions) is a factory reset.

Pepse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »

Well, I unplugged my IBM T42 from the CAT5 cord and booted up Linux and it found the necessary WI-FI info and is running great.  I think that by unplugging the CAT5 it had to work to get the WI-FI info.

As for the password still no luck but, I did change the password from the original that we set up when I bought this box about 8 months ago.  I am using the newer password but if I can find the original password I will try it.  Not critical anymore but it is something that I will do.

Thanks for your time in this.

Later. Pepse.