• March 28, 2024, 02:10:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 101715 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2230 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Add option overwrite image with same name in Setup/Event, Setup/Media file, and Snapshot
  • Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
  • General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule
  • General - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • General - Option to to watermark video footage with user-selected image file
  • Date - Option to change OSD time format (i.e. 12 hour AM/PM and 24 Hour)
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

terry64

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »

I don't know if this makes sense in a wish list, but I would like to have 2210/2230 (I have the 1st one, but apart wireless and PoE they share the HW) L-ified, I mean supporting mydlink.
It's just a matter of firmware, I suppose the HW of a 2 MP camera is more than enough for supporting mydlink...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 05:08:20 AM »

I don't know if this makes sense in a wish list, but I would like to have 2210/2230 (I have the 1st one, but apart wireless and PoE they share the HW) L-ified, I mean supporting mydlink.
It's just a matter of firmware, I suppose the HW of a 2 MP camera is more than enough for supporting mydlink...

I'm going to chalk this up as not fixable by firmware. D-Link has a history of releasing new "L" version models (i.e. hardware) rather than making existing models compatible. This approach extends across D-Link network cameras, routers, and storage devices.

dilski79

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »

Hello,

When will the new firmware be introduced with these wish list items?

Thanks,

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:02:13 AM »

Hello,

When will the new firmware be introduced with these wish list items?

Thanks,

This thread is a user-assembled wishlist. Although D-Link does view this (and other) wishlist threads on this forum, there is no guarantee which item(s), if any, D-Link will commit to new firmware updates.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:02:27 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Add option overwrite image with same name in Setup/Event, Setup/Media file, and Snapshot
  • Add or enable dot symbol in Remote Folder Name for Setup/Event, Setup/Server, and FTP
  • General - Name recording folders and files usin***YYY/MM/DD 24H format to ensure proper sorting
  • General - Option to select different image settings when ICR is disabled (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.)
  • General - Option to select different image settings (e.g. brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.) on a schedule
  • General - Option to automatically overwrite existing files on the SD card when the SD card is full
  • Date - Option to change OSD date format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD)
  • Motion Detection - Option to configure minimum recording duration following a motion detection events (e.g. configure camera to record for one hour following a motion dtection event)

• TBD

terry64

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »

More EVENTs in Event Setup  page, OK to have up to three of them active, but let me define more than 3 of them (8?).
Furthermore it would be great to enable/disable them directly in the Event Setup page, i.e. without entering the event definition by clicking on the event under the "Name" column.
The "Status" column is already there with ON/OFF but that's just an indication (it's not modifiable).

EDIT 1: Why not a larger Maximum duration / Maximum file size in MEDIA TYPE for video clips?

EDIT 2: Why not the possibility to delete directories in SD Card even if not empty? It's boring to enter each hour, select all data, click OK, go up one level, select another hour, click OK, go up one level, etc. Delete only works if there is no file in subdirectories, that's annoying...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:31:03 PM by terry64 »

Prav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »

A few days ago i purchased my first dlink, the dlink 2230 after being a Axis fan for years. The hardware of this camera is amazing but the firmware is shocking and it shows the lack of time that has been spent on it to compliment the great hardware.

Few of the most annoying things for me amongst other small things that Axis Cameras Firmware are good with are the following:

Should be able to customise the Subject and Body of the emails that gets sent out for event triggers, this will allow people to organise the emails depending on the subject or the body of the email. It also comes very useful if you want to send emails to your flickr account with tags included in the subject and body of the email, its useless having a subject stating your cameras name followed by "EVENT MAIL" and the body having "alarm mail."

Should be able to use Date and Time stamp in the subject and body of the email

Should be able to set Multiple Conditions and Actions for a Single Event.

Until the above is sorted, i am pretty much stuck with a nice piece of useless hardware as i want to send the pictures to my Flickr account with the correct tags and for this i am having to revert back to using my 5 year old Axis Camera which does it perfectly fine but the image quality is not as great as the 2230.

strofi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »

Hi
The ability to use other ports (for example, 800 801 etc. ..) than standard ports ..
Thanks

Jorgen

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 06:37:26 AM »

More EVENTs in Event Setup  page, OK to have up to three of them active, but let me define more than 3 of them (8?).
Furthermore it would be great to enable/disable them directly in the Event Setup page, i.e. without entering the event definition by clicking on the event under the "Name" column.
The "Status" column is already there with ON/OFF but that's just an indication (it's not modifiable).

EDIT 1: Why not a larger Maximum duration / Maximum file size in MEDIA TYPE for video clips?

EDIT 2: Why not the possibility to delete directories in SD Card even if not empty? It's boring to enter each hour, select all data, click OK, go up one level, select another hour, click OK, go up one level, etc. Delete only works if there is no file in subdirectories, that's annoying...

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 06:37:44 AM »

Hi
The ability to use other ports (for example, 800 801 etc. ..) than standard ports ..
Thanks

Jorgen

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »

Hi
Thanks

Jorgen

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »

DCS-2230 Wishlist

• General - Support for additional ports (e.g. 800, 801, etc.)
  • Email - Option to customize email subject and body
  • Email - Option to add date/time stamp in the email subject and body
  • Events - Option to configure multiple conditions and actions that trigger a single event
  • Events - Support for more than 3 events
  • Events - Option to enable/disable events directly in the Event Setup Page (rather than drilling into the event definition)
  • Video - Increase Maximum Duration and Maximum File Size in MEDIA TYPE
  • Storage - Option to delete non-empty directories on the SD card without first deleting all nested files/directories

• TBD

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:23 AM »

FTP option to save images in hierarchical time folders, just like DCS-930L/932L, with files named yyyymmddhhmmssxx, making new folder each day/hour/0.5 hour

And, have the file name broken up a bit with underscores for readability: e.g., yyyy_mmdd_hhmmssxx

I would buy the camera if it did these things.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:10 AM »

FTP option to save images in hierarchical time folders, just like DCS-930L/932L, with files named yyyymmddhhmmssxx, making new folder each day/hour/0.5 hour

And, have the file name broken up a bit with underscores for readability: e.g., yyyy_mmdd_hhmmssxx

I would buy the camera if it did these things.

Added...  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4