• April 23, 2024, 06:57:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dir-120 firewall settings  (Read 10410 times)

obsolete

• Level 1 Member
dir-120 firewall settings
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »

I know this forum is for discussions on DIR-130 but please forgive me - everywhere I looked the lowest I could go was DIR-130. I guess I bought an obsolete product.

I didn't have need for wireless things (still don't), or I could well go for DIR-6xx, but ah well I was stupid enough then to buy the DIR-120.

In the firewall settings of the DIR-120, ip addresses cannot be specified in the form of "*" or "<ip addr>/<netmask bits>", instead we can only specify ranges (beginning and ending). Now, suppose I want to specify "any ip address", what's the range to input (beginning value and ending value)?

And, if one does not specify any rules at all in the firewall settings, what are the default rules in effect? All outgoing allowed and all incoming disallowed? If that's the case, I guess firewall settings was not the reason why packets sent out by my SonicWALL Global VPN Client got dropped - I looked in my SonicWALL logs (which is the other end of the VPN) and saw no packets coming in (I had success when I bypass the DIR-120 [connect my PC directly to the DSL modem]).  So, what can I do to avoid DIR-120 dropping these packets?  I will try reducing the mtu size on my PC to see if that makes any difference. Anything other things I can try?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: dir-120 firewall settings
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »

This isn't a US product so I have no knowledge of it's configuration.

However I can tell you that all hosts should be 0.0.0.0/0
non progredi est regredi

obsolete

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »

This isn't a US product so I have no knowledge of it's configuration.

However I can tell you that all hosts should be 0.0.0.0/0

Thanks for trying to help. But as I said, the input has to be a range. And I think I did try 0.0.0.0 as the starting value and that got rejected.

What about the default firewall setting? I believe it should be the same for most if not all D-link routers? I'd guess it should be "everything outgoing allowed, anything incoming and trying to initiate a connection denied". Can you confirm it?

Anyway, I ultimate problem is that the router is dropping packets sent from my SonicWALL Global VPN Client  not due to incorrect firewall settings, but something else on a lower level. I tried putting the computer running the VPN client  in the DMZ but that didn't help.  Or maybe this DIR-120 does not really support DMZ?

polibtesi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:40:28 AM »

you can flash your dir-120 with this: http://www.dlink.ua/files/products/ftp/pub/Router/DIR-120/firmware/A1/DIR-120_Img.v1.01.09.bix

the device will the act like DI-604UP
The firmware is brand new: 2010-02-04 17:24:06

You might need to reset the password after flash by holding the reset button for 10 seconds. the default password is empty