• April 19, 2024, 06:01:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS6620G - no IP  (Read 3052 times)

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
DCS6620G - no IP
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »

My now out-of-warranty 6620G IPCam cannot connect with the ethernet.  On power-up, the camera mechanically positions itself but the red and green lights glow continuously.  The reset does nothing. Presumably the initial POST is failing.  A very expensive unit for 12 months service!

Does anyone know of a repair or resetting routine; or ideally, any clever european agency who could diagnose and repair for me?  Alternatively who wants to buy a bookend with great lo-light optics?

Thanks for any comments, Jeffjohn

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS6620G - no IP
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »

Are you holding the reset button depressed for two power cycles, then releasing when the Red light blinks?  That's the reset procedure for my DCS-5300G.  Not sure if it's the same for your model.  Tried reloading the latest firmware?

I actually found a real bug inside my camera!  It was acting strangely (refused to email pix when an event occured), and I ended up taking it apart.  I'm guessing the bug that fell out was stuck in the tiny cooling fan.  The fan seems to have failed, but since my cam was way out of warranty, I simply drilled out a bunch of cooling holes, and enlarged the existing ones.  It's been running fine for 6 months now!

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

jeffjohn

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS6620G - no IP
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:07:27 AM »

it is a strange characteristic of D_Link.com that because my camera was sourced from the USA, they don't recognise it and can not support it in Europe.  Imagine buying a Jag and going to the states and finding the dealers won't talk to you!!  I can't even send it back to the States for repair!!!